Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tilda's been baking

Wow, only a week has gone by since my last post, not too shabby! But WOW the weather --- crazy! 80 degrees here in Wisconsin today. The first day of spring is this week, & we usually still have a foot of snow on the ground! I love it -- but nicer weather means even less time crafting for me -- I'm itching to start planting! I know better though --- it's still Wisconsin -- we could still get a blizzard or two!




Speaking of blizzards, I guess this is a Christmas image. It's from the Sweet Christmas Dreams collection & it's called Tilda with Christmas Goods, or something like that :) To me, it's more Valentines Day-ish, with the hearts. But it doesn't matter, because I missed both holidays!! So it is what it is --- a generic, all occasion card. The image is colored with Copics -- the papers are Basic Grey BLUSH -- remember that collection?? That goes WAY back, my very first Basic Grey pad. I love the border -- that's a die from Magnolia & it's adorable! Love the swirlies -- but I should have cut both sides of that strip of paper with it. Yep that's me, always seeing "what could have been".




I'm SUCH a fan of cutting out images ........ *sarcasm*.....





I died some cheesecloth red to use behind the flower -- & added lots of Stickles. Sure wish flowers were sparkly & glittery in real life :)

Well I'm off to get dinner on the table -- hamburgers on the grill -- **shaking head** -- I'm glad Mother Nature's been in a good mood lately!!

Have a super week!

7 comments:

Lacey Stephens said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle!! I love it. I thought this was a strange image for a Christmas release. But I think it works perfectly for any card you want to sell someone you love them or are thinking of them! Glad you have some nice weather! We've been really enjoying our Spring Break trip to TN. Usually it's still too cold to play outside for long when we come up in Spring, but this year it's just beautiful!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Exclusively by Mel said...

Gorgeous card! I love this image.
That magnolia die is one of my fav's.
Love, Mel. xxx

Cheryl said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the rich colors and pretty details.

I see you are going to Disney in a few months! Oh you are going to have so much fun. We are going in October.

Have a wonderful day!

Niki Estes said...

What a pretty card, Michelle! I love all the Christmasy details!

Elise said...

HI Michelle! Oh how stunning this is! I love the vintagey use of colors and the cheesecloth behind the flower at the top... everything is so gorgeous as always!

Hugs,
Elise

Laura Evangeline said...

Cheesecloth? Oh! Genius!

Trina said...

Well, I figured I'd come check you out, and I like it here! ;D You sound like me mentioning things that could've been and such!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...