Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Birds and Blooms

Not only do I love stamping, I also love gardening. And with gardening, naturally comes a love of outdoor creatures, especially birds. I love to sit on my deck after dinner, but I'm really bad about bringing my camera with me. I must start doing that because that's usually when the colorful birds visit ~~ when my camera is downstairs by my computer & those rude birds~~ they just won't sit & wait for me to go get it! We have some bluebirds that nest in our box every year ~~ I'm pretty sure it's the same couple, because if the birdbath is even an inch east of where it was the previous year, they are very unhappy. They want everything exactly the same as it was the last time they visited. My goal this summer is to get a good picture of the male bluebird. He's not shy ~ he'll come take a bath at the birdbath we have on our deck, even when the kids are playing right there. I just never have my camera with me. But I do have a picture of a hummingbird.....

This is a ruby-throated hummer, the only kind we get here in Wisconsin. This is a female, so her throat is white with speckles instead of ruby. I'll try to get a good picture of a male ~~ they are beautiful!!

I also love flowers! My thumb isn't the greenest in the world, but I love to work in my gardens & now that my boys are getting older & I don't have to chase after them in the yard anymore, I have more time in the summer to devote to my flowers. Unfortunately, all the rain & flooding we had in the midwest in early June did nothing for my gardens & they're not looking their best. Things shifted, things floated away, but the weeds are growing splendidly!! Here's a picture of one of my favorites, the dahlia. There are so many varieties & colors & sizes!!

One of my favorite magazines is Birds and Blooms, published right here in SE Wisconsin. If you like flowers, gardening, birds & butterflies, this is a great magazine!! Click the link to check it out a little more!

Well, my hubby is getting ready to go Up North ~ he'll be gone until Sunday. And when hubby's away, the stamper will play!! I started a card last night that I hope to finish today, & if I can figure out how to post a sneak peak, I will have a little look at the new stamps that are going to be released on Friday!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your flower picture is super!! WOW what colors you get. I have black thumb so I'm really enjoying looking at yours!

Niki Estes said...

Michelle that flower is gorgeous!!

Cris A said...

That dahlia is stunning!

Ila said...

I love the photos..I love gardening too, birds ect. Your humming bird pic is fabulous...as is your flower pic. I always plan on posting my gardens...ect ...but never have time....maybe soon though.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...