The rest of the summer simply .... got away from me.
My friend posted this on Facebook the other day:
"I'm eliminating the word "busy" from my vocabulary. It's a lazy, default answer to the questions "How's life? How've you been?"
There's no virtue in being busy and pretending to have more going on than others. We're all busy. We all have work to do, families to spend time with, friends to hang out with and support.
Next time you ask me how life is, I'll have a better answer."
I love this. I am soooo guilty of saying life gets busy, I need more hours in the day, there's too much to do. Nobody has more than 24 hours in their day. I'm going to try to be better. I love my blog, my readers, my blogging friends, & I miss everyone.
So what have I been up to since we last chatted?
* My son got his temps. He's been driving with me quite a few times & he's had his first behind-the-wheel lesson (on a dark, rainy, windy night, no less). I'm so happy for him I could cry. Ahem.
* I've been seeing my brother about once a month. In September he & I hung out all day together, just the two of us. We went to the Farmer's Market, the lake, & he took me to lunch for my birthday. This month, I took the boys there & we attended a Science Festival, went to lunch at the University Union, & went for frozen custard. My SIL & niece went too & it was just a fun day hanging out with them.
* Working LOTS. New account for our company = lots of extra hours for Michelle!
* Getting ready to get some much needed improvements/ repairs done on our house. Some major, some minor, all necessary. Will take photos as we go!
* As "busy" as I am, I am finding more time for my friends. I find myself meeting friends for coffee, drinks, & dinner a lot more often than I used to. My boys are older now, so I don't have to try to work around my husband's schedule if I want to make plans. I just do. If the boys are home alone, so be it. They spent all summer alone together (LOL "alone together"? I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron. Or something like that.) They have become responsible, trustworthy young men & I am so proud & grateful for both of them.
*Last weekend, the boys & I went to the zoo for their Halloween goings-on. Fun all around. I shared these on Facebook but in case we are not friends on FB, or you missed them, here's a quick recap of our day:
It was another perfect day spent with my boys!
And .... if you've stuck with me through this whole post & all the pictures .... I have a small giveaway. I've been trying like mad to get rid of all my stamps & supplies. I've sold some on Ebay, some on SCS, some here (see my For Sale page) & some through Craigslist. I'm running out of time (there's that busy thing again) & patience. So .... every once & a while I will be giving something away. Nothing big .... just a stamp here .... maybe a pad of paper there ....
Today, I choose Juliette's Leap of Faith from High Hopes. You can see the image on their web site HERE. It was drawn by my favorite artist, Crissy Armstrong. I loved being on the High Hopes design team & will always love every stamp of theirs. Some I will never let go of. But it's time for at least a few of them to live somewhere where they may receive a bit more love than I can give them. So ..... leave a comment for me if you are interested .... & I will pick a name .... oh, I don't know ... some time before my next post. Ha!!