Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer CHA!!

First, let me say that I am FLOORED that my blog has over 1,000 hits already!!!! In just over a week!! Mom, are you visiting my blog 50 times a day???? Thank you to everyone for your friendship, support & all of your comments!!!! I appreciate all of you!!!!

Summer CHA is just over a week away, how exciting for those of you who get to attend!! I've heard so much about it, & have seen many pictures on other people's blogs ~ I can only imagine what it's like to attend such a show! I, of course, am not going, but I have some cards that will be there!!! Jackie Lewis, founder of & now art director for Inky Antics, & I have become friends over the last 2 years. I'm a member of the Inky chat forum, where I started chatting with Jackie, & got to meet her in person when she came to my city for a stamp show. She's so sweet! Last winter she contacted me, & asked if I would like to make some card samples for the CHA ~ of course I said yes! I ended up doing 14 cards for them & even had a picture of one of my cards on the SCS CHA blog!! Nobody knew I had made the card, but I still felt famous, lol!! (That's my card, underneath the picture of Jami Sibley & Ronnie Walter).

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. Jackie emailed me & asked if I would like to do more samples for the Summer CHA. This time she wanted a total of 28 cards ~~ 14 designs, 2 of each. Now, I'm not good at creating duplicates. It bores me. Which is why I don't participate in many swaps. But I would do anything for Jackie, so I got to work. I did all 28 cards & even got them in the mail BEFORE the deadline!!!! I wanted to share a couple of those samples with you. I had to keep them a bit more simple than what I usually make, due to the amount of cards I did.


These samples are using the Well Seasoned line of stamps found here. Aren't they adorable??? They are created by Ronnie Walter, a fabulously talented artist who has done many other lines of stamps for Inky Antics. If you've never shopped at Inky Antics, hop on over there right now. They run specials each month, & for the month of July it's FREE watercolors!! You'll receive a set of free pearlescent watercolor set with an order of $45 or more. Go check it out!! And for those of you attending the CHA, lucky you!!! Stop & introduce yourself to Jackie, you will love her. Maybe you'll even get to meet Ronnie!! Oh, & say HI to my cards!!!!!

7 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Michelle!! I found your blog when I saw you post something on the Wish RAK thread on SCS, I have bookmarked your blog, it is great!!
I wanted to share with you that I met Jackie when I was in Ocean City in May. I REALLY enjoyed talking with her, she is a wonderful and sweet person!! I hope to see her again!!

Niki Estes said...

Great cards, Michelle! I love the colors! I wish I could go to CHA, too, but I'll have to be content with photos instead. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful work Michelle. I love the colors you chose. I know you worked long and hard on these. Hope you had lots of iced coffee and chocolate. Sensational job. Your ARE famous.
Hugs,
Dawn

Ila said...

Wow!! these cards are Fabulous...such cute stamps and what an honor to have your cards at CHA!

Tracy said...

How exciting to make cards so many will enjoy and be inspired by at CHA! They are great! I love the colors!

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Great samples Michelle, I love the bright fun colors you used... perfect for the images. IA is lucky to have you!

Maybe one day I'll be able to meet Jackie!

Andrea said...

Two nice cards!
xAndrea

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...