Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Better late than never

That seems to be my motto lately, lol! I hate being late ~~ I'm one of those who's always early. But with my cards ~ not so much. I received this adorable Magnolia image from Ila last week. She's so sweet, she sent me a whole envelope full of fun images ~~~ not just the cutie-pie girls, but also some accessories!! I can't wait to play with more of them!!

Knowing I wanted to play along with SCS's sketch challenge last week, I pulled this Tilda out, plus the papers I wanted to use. And there it sat. And sat. And sat. After it sits for so long I don't even want to do it anymore! But I was determined to get it done before the next challenge was posted. That would be today!! So, at 11:00 last night, I finished this card. I couldn't take a picture, though, until this morning, so you'll just have to take my word for it that I did in fact finish it BEFORE the next challenge was posted!!


I used a lot of paper from DCWV on this ~~ Pocket Full of Posies, the Fall matstack & the Brights matstack. I just love all those pads ~~ I love how everything coordinates & I love that many of the papers have glitter on them. Less work for me!! I found a sun in one of my Michael's clear dollar sets so I stamped it, colored it with Twinkling H2O's & cut it out. I think it's the perfect compliment to this beautiful little angel. I used a glue pen & Dazzling Diamonds glitter on her wings. I finished the card off with some pseudo Dew Drops. That's what I call the little drops from Michael's. How did I get them purple?? I used my 1/4" hole punch to punch out some of the purple cardstock I used as a matte & used Crystal Effects to glue it to the bottom of the bauble. Voila ~~ a matching pseudo Dew Drop!!

Here's a better picture of her beautiful, sparkly wings :)


My hubby is at the doctor right now for his follow up ~~ I'm pretty sure surgery is in his future. I hope they can schedule it quickly, because without it, he can't eat!! He can only survive for so long on chicken broth & ice cream!! Thanks for all of your continuing well wishes & support!

6 comments:

Ila said...

Your card is Gorgeous!!! love the way you colord Tilda and the Fabulous way you used this sketch!
Mine is almost done...what did you do...stay up all night???..Yawn..

Niki Estes said...

She is adorable! Your coloring is always fabulous! I always want to play in the challenges, but just don't have the time most of the time.

Dianne said...

Aren't you just a genius with your colored dew drops!!! Besides Penny Black, Magnolia stamps are my current addiction... So dang cute!
Hope things go well for your hubby. You'll all be in my thoughts!
Love, your blob buddy!!!

Valerie said...

VERY cute! your coloring ROCKS! I love these little stamp girls they are sooo adorable and I can't beleive I STILL don't have any haha! someday!

I hope your hubby gets better soon..I'll keep him in my prayers.
HUGS!

bensarmom said...

She is just darling. Your coloring is just perfect.

Melissa said...

I love your card, She is precious. I wish i could buy these stamps locally. Maybe one day.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...