Friday, September 19, 2008

Still struggling

This card took me roughly 4 hours to create, lol. I couldn't get my coloring right, I kept changing my mind about the papers, & the layout.....forget about it!!! Of course that 4 hours includes blurfing & checking my favorite galleries on SCS for ideas.....but still....I started this at 8:15 after my kids were gone, & I finished it about 15 minutes ago.

I got the SU Halloween Hedgie set last year at my LSS's rummage sale. I didn't get to use it ~ by the time I remembered I had it, it was Thanksgiving. That seems to happen to me a lot. Well, this year I got the set out in AUGUST & set it right next to my desk, where I could see it every day. It took me until now to create a card with it, but at least it's not Thanksgiving yet!!


I stamped the image onto watercolor paper with Colorbox black pigment ink, the embossed it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. When I watercolor, I always like to emboss my image, either with II so it's sparkly, or clear EP so it's shiny & smooth. Either way, I think it adds a lot to the final outcome. I used my SU markers & I switched off between my aquapen (STILL learning how to use that thing) & my blender pen. The striped paper is from American Crafts, & the olive is DCWV which is a great Cuttlebug-using paper because it has a white core. I used my new Autumn Type folder, then sanded it lightly so more of the white would show. Of course, I didn't want to then cover it up, so I ended up putting the hedgie off to one side, added some ribbon & a whole bunch of the pseudo Dew Drops (the cheapie plastic baubles from Michael's). I used my 1/4" hole punch to punch a bunch of Old Olive cardstock, adhered that to the bottom of the baubles, then attached them to the card. I think just 3 baubles would have sufficed, but once I started I couldn't stop!


Who has fun plans for the weekend?? I have no idea what we're doing. At this moment I am very crabby. I'm crabby that my mojo went away (apparently IT has fun plans for the weekend ~~ somewhere else.....). I am crabby about something that happened at the Cub Scout meeting last night. I'm crabby that my 9 yr old gave me a bunch of 'TUDE this morning before getting on the bus. The only thing that has made me smile so far today is the yummy GINORMOUS cup of iced coffee I had this morning. Iced coffee always makes me happy :)

13 comments:

Tammi said...

Awww...Michelle first off ((hugs)) and second...WHOA!! What a beauty of a card! The embossed green is gorgeous and so is your coloring, I like all the dew drops too...fantastic card!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Your cards are just wonderful! I also need an ice coffee at times with 4 kids and a new business (: Coffee is the best thing about my day sometimes!

Faith S. said...

Hang in there!! Wonderful card as always! I needed 3 cups of coffee this morning and a mtn. dew this afternoon. 'Talk' to you soon, Faith

Cindy Haffner said...

May of time you awhile but well worth it. Lovin the coloring and the colors, awesome, wonderful job.

Tracy said...

Beautiful job! It was worth the changes! Gorgeous!

Ila said...

This card is Super Cute!!...all your cards are Gorgeous!!! I love the way you embossed here. I never thought to use irredescent embo pdr for the outline...Looks Fabulous!!
I love all your Halloween cards too. Your mojo sure looks in great shape to me!! and I'm sending you wishes for a Great Day!!

Amy said...

Honestly Michelle, It doesn't look like you have lost your mojo! I love this card!

Niki Estes said...

Your card is so cute, Michelle! I love the glitter. Sorry about Friday. Hope you had a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
I've been gone all weekend and am just now getting caught up reading my favorite blogs:-) Sorry to hear you had such a tough day last week - hope by now you are doing much better! Let me know when I can fix you some iced coffee - will do whatever I can to cheer you up.
Hugs, Jan

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having a better morning!
I was tagged by Crissy Armstrong on my blog and now I am taggin you! Check it out here...
http://handstampedbylacey.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/09/ive-been-tagged.html
~Lacey Stephens

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Ah Michelle your hedgie card is so cute, it's so sparkly. I think you found your mojo again :)

Amy Sheffer said...

Soooo darling! Love all your detail on the hedgie!

Crissy Armstrong said...

That is SUCH a funny stamp. I giggled when I saw the closeup. You did a great job with it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...