Sunday, October 26, 2008

Season of giving....

Good morning!! It's Sunday again & you know what that means ~~ another challenge on the High Hopes Challenge Blog!! Today's challenge is a sketch challenge from Katharina, & what a great sketch it is!! I was so eager to play.......but I never got around to it. It's still on my list, so hopefully sometime this week I will get to play along.

Nope, today I have a card for Wednesday's sketch challenge on SCS, lol. I started this card ON WEDNESDAY, & just finished it last night. That pretty much sums up how things are moving along for me this week ~~ at a snail's pace. And with Christmas just two months away, well I'm going to have to speed it up a bit!!

So yes, I'm a few days late but here it is!! I used one of High Hopes' new releases, Christmas Treat. It's colored with Prismas & Gamsol, & of course I had to glitterize Santa's "fur" with Dazzling Diamonds glitter! I used Riding Hood Red ~~ my very favorite of all the new In Colors ~~ & Basic Grey Figgy Pudding. I had bought this 6x6 pad late last year & I think I only got to use it once. So I will be using it on lots of cards ~~ that will justify buying the new Wassail! I added some RHR taffeta ribbon & 3 dew drops, plus some Primas & my new favorite thing ~~ a jewelry spacer for the center.


Here's the inside. I broke down & bought the Martha Stewart doily lace punch yesterday with my coupon. At first I had trouble using it on SU cardstock, which I had heard about (the SU is just too thick). But when I used it with the RHR it worked just fine. Love this punch ~ I'm sure I'll use it a lot!!

So what are your plans for today?? This is our Trick or Treat day, from 2-4, & it's nice & windy & cold! I believe they have predicted snow for today. That's a treat right there! LOL!! I will share pictures later of my kids dressed up ~~ Matthew is going to be a Packer fan (he was going to be a Packer *player* but I wouldn't spring for a helmet) & Michael is going to be either a fireman or Darth Vader. What a decision!! Have a great day!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card Michelle. I agree that punch is super. It really looks great here. It is sunny and 70 here. We are going as Darth Vadar for Halloween this week. It's a boy thing. Great job on your card. Love the prima centers. Would not have thought of that.
DawnB

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, love the great papers and your beautiful colouring, Love how you have decorated the inside too and I just love this Martha punch. Hope you have a fun afternoon and look forward to seeing the pictures, Hugs, Nikki x

Sue said...

oh so cute...love how you decorated the inside with the punch! I love MS punches but they like DP better that SU! cardstock.

Niki Estes said...

Very cute, Michelle! I love your coloring and the papers you chose. I can't stop using those papers this year! lol Have a great day!

Ann said...

Beautiful job with the sketch! I love the papers and ribbon--just gorgeous! :D

Alison Anderson said...

Great coloring! I am working on my coloring skills and love to appreciate other folks coloring work! Great overall card too!

Alison

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love your card. What a perfectly colored image. It's adorable.

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Wowwww, love the papers, fun layout, and your smokin' coloring! I can totally see why you're on the HH team...GORGEOUS coloring!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...