Monday, November 10, 2008

A new winner & another recipe!

Hi everyone!! It is REALLLLLLLY cold here in Milwaukee this morning, not a nice thing to wake up to on a Monday. You know winter's right around the corner when you have to start your car in the morning so you don't freeze your kahunas off when it's time to go!!!

Well, sadly, I never heard from Karen, the original winner of my blog candy. But that's good news for someone else! I drew another number this morning & my new winner is.......

Here are your random numbers:

35

Timestamp: 2008-11-10 14:44:02 UTC


Comment #35 belongs to BECKY!!!! Congrats, Becky!!! I am leaving a message on Becky's blog so she can claim her prize!! Thanks again for playing everyone, & remember there's another hop going on RIGHT NOW so start clicking on all the Diva's blogs to find it!!

I was on a baking kick on Saturday, & one of the things I made was pumpkin bread. I personally detest all things pumpkin, but my kids love it. I thought I would share the recipe with you, since it's easy & everyone always raves about it. I got the recipe from my grandma, so I'm not sure where it came from, but it's a keeper!!


PUMPKIN BREAD

5 eggs
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 pkgs (3 oz each) Cook & Serve vanilla pudding mix (you CANNOT use Instant!!!)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add oil & pumpkin; beat until smooth. Combine remaining ingredients; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Pour batter into 5 greased 5" x 2 1/2" x 2" loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

****Bread may also be baked in 2 greased 8" x 4" x 2" loaf pans for 75-80 minutes.


That's it!!! Super easy & delicious, or so I'm told. Let me know if you make it, I'd love to hear how your family likes it!! It's fun to make the mini loaves to give away as gifts. I'm always looking for things like this to give teachers, busdrivers, etc for Xmas. I think they appreciate homemade goodies over yet another candle :)

I hope you have a fabulous Monday & that it's not too cold where YOU are!!!!


2 comments:

Jennifer Love said...

I LOVE pumpkin bread! Sometimes I add chocolate chips to mine to make it even more decadent. :D

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for a good pumpkin muffin or bread recipe! I will definetly have to try this one. Thanks Michelle.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...