Thursday, November 6, 2008

We have a winner & a recipe!

Thank you to all who entered the blog candy!!! And the winner is...........


Here are your random numbers:

74

Timestamp: 2008-11-06 21:36:42 UTC



Comment #74 belongs to Karen N!!!! Congratulations, Karen ~~~ please contact me so I can get your address!! You can find my email link under "my complete profile".

If you didn't win ~~ no worries!! Another Diva has some blog candy up for grabs RIGHT NOW, so you'd better get hopping to find who it is!!

I had said that my favorite cookies are spritz. Some of you have never heard of these, so I thought I'd share my recipe so you can try them out this Christmas! Consider yourself warned ~~ they are SOOOO addicting!!!

SPRITZ COOKIES

1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 1/4 cups sifted all purpose flour, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp baking powder, ALL sifted together
1 tsp almond extract

Cream butter, add sugar & egg, then dry ingredients. Add food coloring if you wish. Use cookie press to make different shapes. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Makes 6 dozen.


Of course, when I started making these as a child, the only press available was the hand press. Boy did my arms hurt after using that!! But now they have battery powered presses ~ all you do is push a button & VOILA!! There's your cookie, all ready to bake!!!

If you make these, I would love to hear how you & your family like them!! They are so yummy, I'm not sure why I only make them at Christmas. I'm sure there are cookie press plates for all holidays. I'll have to look for those!!

Lastly, thank you to all who sent good thoughts for my husband. He came through the surgery just fine & is on his way to a looonnnnggggg recovery. He fell off a ladder this morning, before we left for the hospital. I was sure that was a bad omen. But all went well. Unfortunately it's going to take a long while before we know if the surgery worked or not. He still has to be on a liquid diet for about 4 more weeks!! That's right, we'll be blending his turkey & sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE spritz cookies-- So glad to hear your husband is doing okay-- Lots of TLC from you I'm sure!! Hope you hang in there while taking care of ALL of your boys-- I know how tiring that can be! Take Care!!

Ila said...

Congrats to the winner!!
Michelle...I'm so glad your hubby is doing well..and pray for a speedy recovery.
What luck though...falling off a ladder the day of his surgery...and I thought things like that only happend to us...lol.
The recipe sounds wonderful!! I'm going to on the lookout for this battery operated press...Take Care!

Heidi said...

Congrats Karen!
Take care..........

Anonymous said...

Mmmm I love spritz cookies too. I always add alot of almond flavoring to them. I am so glad that hubby did great. Now you have to take care of yourseld too. Hugs to you.
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I am glad you husband made it through his surgery. I pray he has a quick recovery.
~Lacey

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your husband's surgery is done and went well. Sending wishes for a quick recovery for him!

The cookies sound great! I'll have to get a new cookie press so we can give those a try! I can't believe we are talking about making holiday cookies already!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...