Sunday, December 14, 2008

Give me strength....

...to get everything done that I need to! Argh!! Is Christmas really only 11 days away?? I swear I was *just* buying school supplies for my kids!! It was hot! We were wearing shorts! **sigh** whoever said "Time flies when you're having fun" lied ~~ it's more like "Time flies once you've reached middle age"!

Well, I did get a bit of time the other night to make this Christmas card:


This adorable skunk is named Tink & he's available HERE on the High Hopes site. I colored him with my usual Prismas & gamsol, added glitter to his hat & finished it with a sparkly poinsettia Prima in the corner. The papers are all from the Basic Grey Wassail pack (got LOTS of use out of that this season!!) & the layout is an older SCS sketch challenge. Not sure why I added the Dew Drops ~~ you can barely see them ~~ but that space needed something & nothing else was working for me!


I am definitely ready to move on from making Christmas cards. Although there are still many wonderful stamps I haven't had the time to use! Maybe I'll start my Christmas cards for next year in a few weeks, that way I'll be ahead & I'll get to use my uninked rubber!!

I received this wonderful award from Annie this weekend! Annie, thank you so much, I am honored!! You must go check out her blog, Ink N Rubba. I believe I am supposed to list 5 things I'm addicted to, then list 5 of my favorite blogs. I am going to need a few days for that, lol. I will post those sometime this week. Thanks for being patient with me!!


I hope you all have a fabulous Sunday. We are off to do some grocery shopping, which I'm not looking forward to since it IS Sunday, right before Christmas, the weather is yucky ~~ warmer, but gray & windy. I have so much to do I could cry. I only have half my shopping done. I still haven't baked even one batch of cookies. Our plans for Christmas are still up in the air so I could be having it here, or I may not be having it here. I'm pretty sure Christmas is on December 25th each year, so why am I never ready?

One more thing, I'm having a very hard time making a decision regarding a job. Yes, I do have a job subbing in the school district. The other job is also in the school district, at the main office. A LOT more hours ~~~ which is good & bad. MUCH better pay ~~ which of course is good. But a lot less freedom ~~ am I ready to give that up? Give up all my volunteering at the school?? Give up my free time (which I *will* have back once hubby goes back to work)?? A steady, bigger paycheck would be nice, especially in these economic times. But Michael is still only in kindergarten ~~ am I ready to work all day every day?? I'm not asking for an answer ~~~ I'm the only one that can figure that out. But please keep us in your thoughts & prayers as I try to make this huge decision that will not only affect me, but my kids as well!!! Thanks for your support & friendship!!

7 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulosu card, love it! Tink is too cute!! I am so far behind with all of my Xmas duties, so I totally am with you!! Hugs,Kelly

Anonymous said...

I will have you in my prayers as you make your decision. Your card is so precious. Congrats on your award...you deserve it!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, love the cute image and your colouring is beautiful as always. Hope you have a great day. Hugs Nikki x

Anonymous said...

This is STINKIN cute Michelle. I love it. I think it is always hard to make decisions like this. I will hope for your decision to be the right one for you .....
Hugs,
Dawn

Tammi said...

Adorable card, lovely colors! I'm wishing you all the best with your decision Michelle!

And thank you for the sparkly & beautiful Christmas card, I LOVE it!!
Hugs, Tammi

Cheryl said...

This little skunk is adorable, Michelle! Love the papers you put with him! Hope you're out there getting things done! Cheryl

Ila said...

Your card is Gorgeous Michelle!! the coloring and papers are Fabulous!! ....I think the older we get the faster time flies...why I don't know...lol.
You have a quite the decisions to make....I'll keep you in my prayers!!..Take Care!!...Hugs, Ila

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...