Sunday, January 4, 2009

High Hopes challenges are back!!

Yay!!! It's the first Sunday of January & we are back with the challenges on the High Hopes blog!! This week's challenge is to use tearing somewhere on your card/project. I haven't torn in ages, so this WAS a challenge!!

I used Candi Tooth Fairy for my card......isn't she cute?? She's part of this month's POTM set....more details about that later on!!



I colored her with Prismas & gamsol, cut her out & popped her on a scalloped circle that I cut out with my Nesties, then embossed with my CB Swiss Dots folder. I added LOTS of sparkle to her ~~ her wings are covered with Dazzling Diamonds glitter, & I used Stickles on all of her stars & her wand. The papers are all Basic Grey Sultry ~~ which I got for quite a deal at Michaels! Love that they carry the Basic Grey pads now! I clear embossed the tooth, punched a hole in it & threaded some gold cord through it so it hangs like a charm. I also embossed the toothbrush, & the floss, to which I added a piece of black cross stitch floss. This card took me quite a while, with all the embossing & cutting & trying to figure out where to put everything, lol, but I do like how it turned out!




Here's the inside........

I used another piece of the BG Sultry & a scalloped circle to tie it in with the front of the card. I stamped the rest of the sentiment, added some photo corners, & my first challenge card of 2009 was done!! You MUST go check out the High Hopes challenge blog to see what my fellow divas came up with!!!

All of the stamps I used on this card are included in the January Project of the Month set. You get Candi Tooth Fairy, the tooth, the floss, the toothbrush, & the saying all for 25% off when purchased together. What a deal!!

I hope you decide to join us in this challenge. If you make something, please include a link in the comments of THIS POST on the challenge blog. Once again, there will be a drawing & one lucky stamper will win some fabulous High Hopes goodies!

Thanks for looking & have a splendid Sunday!!

17 comments:

Annie said...

what an adorable card! such a cute image and I love all the sparkle and little details you have incorporated. hugs, annie x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh Candy looks gorgeous Michelle and I just love the colours you have chosen for her and her wings look fabulous! Hugs, Nikki x

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Michelle!!

Ila said...

I love your card Michelle!! The layout, coloring and dimension is Gorgeous!!..I can see some pretty tricky cutting here too...lol...but it sure payed off with this Fabulous creation!!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Love this card Michelle!! Loks very time consuming, but it turned out to be a real beauty, fabulous work!!

Kelly

Tammi said...

*gasp* wowza Michelle, what a beauty!! There's so much to this card, it's gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, this is gorgeous! I love all the dimension and the colors!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Denise Marzec said...

Awwww, I've never seen this image. Oh, she's so sweet. I love how you did the tooth on the gold cord too. Awesome!

Trina said...

This is gorgeous Michelle!! I love the bright colors and all the sparkle you added!! Happy New Year to you too!!

Unknown said...

This is SOOO Adorable-- and I saw you added me on Facebook-- I haven't been on there to add you yet! I've been cramming in my commitments the last few days!! This little tooth fairy is adorable!

mueppi said...

Wow..... Michelle
your card is wonderful!
I love the papers and colours!!
Hugs Gisela

Cheryl said...

Love your fabulous fairy! such great coloring and all the details on the card, inside and out and just spectacular! Great one, Michelle!

Sirpaliina said...

Your cards is so beautiful, i love your blog.

Bev said...

Michelle I love this! What a brilliant idea and your attention to detail is amazing.

hugs Bev x

Shirley said...

Too cute and precous too! Love the DP and the way you painted your image! The tooth is priceless!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Another incredible card, Michelle!! Your image is adorable!!! Great detail!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...