Sunday, June 14, 2009

High Hopes challenge #35

Good early Sunday morning to you all!!! I am up early today because today is the day we are going to the Brewers game!! Matthew won tickets through a contest, & we have to be at the stadium by noon to pick them up. We are all so excited!!!!

Today's challenge on the High Hopes blog is Lotsa Circles!!! You can really go crazy with this .....punches......dies.....brads....eyelets....designer paper.....embossing...anything with circles on it!!



I chose to use this adorable bee from the last release. Unfortunately, she's not on the website yet. I know one of the other Divas asked about it a few days ago, & for some reason it just hasn't been added yet. If you'd like to order her, I would give Tina or Bethany a call at High Hopes!! I will keep an eye out, & if she does get added sometime soon, I will update this post!!

Anyway, I colored her with my Prismas & gamsol. I had tried watercoloring her.....but it didn't go so well. So, I reached for my trusty Prismas & tried again. I added lots of Dazzling Diamonds glitter to her wings.....used some Nesties for the circles....& added white dots with acrylic paint, because EVERY ONE of my gel pens has died!! Sheesh!! The papers are SU's Basic Black, Rose Red, & K&Co Wild Raspberry. I added some polka dot ribbon & some flower/leaf combos, & some bling (which I colored pink with my Copics) in the opposite corners. Do you think I have enough circles???




Hopefully you can see her blingy wings in this picture....





Here's a closeup of the "flower". It's kind of like Lesa's flower.....but I used the Cuttlebug scalloped circle dies instead.....3 different sizes....& mushed them a bit...added a brad & called it a flower :)

Be sure to check out the other fabulous circle-y creations on the High Hopes blog!!

Well I hope you all have a splendid Sunday!! If you're watching the Brewers game on tv....watch for us on the 1st base line. Matthew gets to have his name announced over the PA at the end of the game, then lead the base run after. I think this will be just too much excitement for a 10 year old!! LOL!!

10 comments:

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle.
Your coloring is fabulous and the papers and flowers are beautiful.
Stunning color combo!!

Karen x

Jan Hennings said...

AWWW! The little bee is too sweet :)
Great blog!

Dawn B. said...

OH my gosh how fun is that. A Brewers game... Your name announced. First base line. You lucky dogs. I am jealous and I don't even like the Brewers because they are ahead of the Cubs. Oh yeah... this is an adorable card. I love this. SUper job. Hope you had fun..You deserve it.

Tracey said...

Great card Michelle! So cute!

dolcreations said...

Congrats on your Brewers tickets. How cool is that for you and your family.
Your card is so cute. I love the glitter on her wings. Very Nice!
Christine

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous flowers Michelle!! Fun flowers!!

Hugs, Kelly

Paula said...

LOOOOOVVVVEEEE this...and I can see the bling on her wings just fine! Love the black, makes it really stand out!

Lacey said...

This card is so adorable! I love the simple, yet awesome design.
I bet you guys had a great time at the game!! That must be every boy's dream...to run the bases!!
~Lacey

Jocelyn K aka JoBear2 on My Gallery said...

Bee-autiful card Michelle!! Love all the dots and the colour scheme is gorgeous (I'm printing out yr card as we speak so I will remember it!!) Love your flower too - looks awesome. {Sigh} - I could gaze at yr cards all day!!

Laura said...

I LOVE IT! So cute and colorful! Great job as always.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...