Thursday, June 25, 2009

No new card....but a recipe!!

Good morning all!!! Hope your week is going well. It has been HOT here in Wisconsin. Of course, because this is the week Matthew has golf camp. Last week was cooler, & he had basketball camp....indoors, of course. It seems every year he signs up for the wrong week. 2 years ago it was so hot, he felt sick & I had to get him early one day. He's held up well so far.....but it's been 90 every day & HUMID. Icky sticky!!!

I have nothing new to show you.....besides running around to golf camp & the hospital, where my grandma was taken on Tuesday (she's almost 90.....so unfortunately a trip to the ER is becoming a weekly thing), I have been dealing with some tendinitis in my right arm. I had it years ago when I did data entry for a few years....but haven't had a recurrence until a few days ago. Probably from all the weeds I've pulled in my gardens the last couple of weeks. Makes it painful to stamp.....type....even just write. I'm due to get my new stamps from High Hopes any day now, & I sure hope I'm able play right away. I'm trying to rest my arm as much as possible....I haven't even been blurfing as much as I usually do.....but I did want to post a recipe today!!!! One that will surely cool you down!!!


RIBBON ICE CREAM PIE

Place 1 pint vanilla ice cream in large bowl; stir until smooth but not melted. Spread into bottom of a ready-made pie crust (graham cracker or chocolate cookie....whichever you prefer...the recipe says chocolate cookie....but I usually use the graham cracker). Freeze 30 minutes until just firm. Repeat as above with 1 pint chocolate ice cream, then 1 pint strawberry ice cream. Cover & freeze until firm. Before serving, slightly warm 1/4 cup fudge sauce in microwave. Drizzle over pie; garnish with strawberries.


I *think* I got the recipe from Taste of Home, one of my favorite magazines. If you've never paged through one of their magazines, then you should at least check out their website....they have such yummy stuff!!! If you make this I'd love to hear some feedback!!! It's always gone within 24 hours when I make it......really, what's not to love????

Hopefully I will have a new card to show you soon!!!! Sorry for the delay.....all these aches & pains that come with getting older....it all stinks!! LOL!!

5 comments:

Bri said...

Oh wow, that looks delicious! Nothing like a graham cracker crust to make life worth living. :)

dolcreations said...

Now that is an awesome recipe Michelle. I love your recipes!
I hope your arm is feeling better soon...Have a fantastic day!
Christine

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 on SCS Gallery said...

Hi Michelle! What a great idea - I never would have thought of making an icecream "pie" (it's in the depths of Winter here in Australia, so I'll put this little gem aside for when it's Summer). It's got me thinking up all sorts of combinations. Thanks so much!
P.S. Hope your arm gets better very soon :-)

Dawn B. said...

Yum yum yum. I love this recipe. I will have to make it for the girls when they come in August. Hope you are keeping cool. Thanks for sharing your recipes each week...

Ila said...

What a Fabulous recipe!!...I love ice cream...and this pie sounds yummy!!...I'm a fan of Taste of Home books too....and Country Woman!...Take care of that arm Michelle..I hope it's better soon....I'm missing you too!! :( Hugs, Ila

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...