Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Furry fun

Wow.....2 days in a row....that's a rarity these days!!

As I said a couple of days ago, I did get my new High Hopes stamps....& oh what fun they are!! Can you imagine trying to decide which to use first? I know, I can hear the collective "Awwwwww......."




Since I'm a huge fur baby fan, I decided to ink up Andrea's Kitties first. I would say it's my favorite of the new release, but that will only last until I ink up the next one, lol. I used my Prismas to color her....stamping the kitties twice....cutting them & popping them on dimensionals. But then when it was done, I thought it looked dumb. I mean, now her hands are lower than the basket. That's not right. I almost ripped that layer off & tried to redo it, but decided to just let it be. THEN the layout was supposed to follow this week's Friday Sketchers sketch......but I couldn't get it to work. I couldn't figure out what to use for the 2 elements beside the image. I had tufts of tulle there....but yanked them off because they looked dumb....so decided to just finish it the way I wanted & forget the sketch. I'll have to try that layout for another card because I really do like it. But now looking at it, I wish I hadn't put the tulle behind the image. An actual ribbon would have looked better....or nothing at all. The tulle just looks.....you got it, DUMB!!!! (and besides it's crooked......grrrr.......)

Believe it or not, I don't hate this card, lol. The image is so darn cute that I don't have to like the rest of it. Oh, but I did use flower punches that kind of look like daisies, so that makes this my card for this past Sunday's High Hopes challenge.....to use daisies on your card!! At least I got something right! Until someone leaves me a comment that they aren't daisies.....

Do you see why some days it's difficult to be me??





Here's a close up of the cutie with her kitties.....the card doesn't look bad if you just look at this picture.......baaahahahaaaa.....

You still have a few days to enter my blog candy.....see first post above....& I just have to give a shout out to Patsy B.....who left the funniest comment on that post....but no email address or I would have emailed her privately. Girl, you made me laugh out loud with your comment....I don't know what's funnier....the wallpaper, or the frozen Snickers for dinner!!

17 comments:

Tara said...

This is a gorgeous card Michelle - great papers and colours! I'll join you with the ahhhhhhhhhs too, I love the kitties!! xx

Elaine said...

Hi Michelle,
This is a gorgeous card, that anybody would be proud of. Boy, are you really tough on yourself!!
I can see that this stamp will have to fall into my shopping basket, love those little kitties. I have 2 of my own, two girls that are treated like royalty (as they should be.)
Have a good day.
Lots of love
Elaine xx

Tammi said...

Michelle this is soooo adorable! I love that cute image, so sweet with the kittens.

Wow, a year, that's awesome! Remember when I said I wouldn't do a blog, lol.

Lalla said...

Hi Michelle

This card is adorable!! You are too hard on yourself. Relax, Enjoy and Have Fun in what you are so GOOD AT!!!
Hugs from Lillian

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Michelle!!

dolcreations said...

I can see why you could hardly wait for your order to come..this image is adorable and you have done such a beauty job on it!

Tracey said...

This is incredible Michelle! I just love the colours you used on this!! xx

Ila said...

Your card is Gorgeous Michelle...the image is Super Cute and colored Beautifully!!

Tanya said...

Sweety cats.....

Annie said...

ooo what an adorable image and your colouring is superb! and it's a gorgeous card, despite what you say! love and hugs, annie x

Regina said...

I think your card is fabulous...you are too hard on yourself. I can see why you couldn't wait for your order to get there. that image is too cute!

Lacey said...

You are always so critical of your cards!! This is absolutely beautiful!!
~Lacey

Dawn B. said...

This is terrific Michelle. You color like no other. High Hopes has a great designer when it comes to your work. I love the colors on this card. Great job. Hugs.

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Michelle.
I just love this image, your coloring is just beautiful. Fab how you matched the flowers with the paper.
Looks great!!

Karen x

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous coloring (as always) and I love the DP. It's always fun to visit your blog, Michelle. :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Another cutie Michelle! Gorgeous coloring!! Great dp choice too! I heart your creations! Hope all is well~
hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I just have to stop by today to tell you how very much I have enjoyed your blog. I have let too many days go by without commenting on your cards. I love to see your blog pop up into my little old mailbox. Thank you for all the time you put into it.
Hugs,
Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...