Friday, September 4, 2009

Recipe Thursday/Friday

I meant to post this yesterday, but I completely ran out of Thursday!! Now that the kids are back in school my days are flyin' by!!

I'm sure all you gardeners out there are starting to get lots of zucchini! I have THE best zucchini bread recipe EVER! Well, my kids tell me it's the best. I never touch the stuff Smileys

ZUCCHINI PINEAPPLE BREAD

3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup (8 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
3 cups flour
***optional 1 cup chopped walnuts

Beat eggs, Add oil, sugar & vanilla; beat until foamy. Stir in zucchini & pineapple. Combine rest of ingredients & stir into zucchini mixture. Blend well. Bake in 2 greased & floured 9"x5" loaf pans at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes in pans, then on wire rack.


I usually make 1 9"x5" loaf, & 3 mini loaves. Love to have those to give as gifts. And of course, I always use my Pampered Chef stoneware......they are the BEST for baking....you don't get those crunchy edges. Some people LIKE the crunchy edges, so use what you love!!!! Enjoy!!

1 comments:

Ila said...

Oh My!!..this just sounds Yummy!! I hope I get a chance to make it..regardless...it is going in my file!!..Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...