Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Monday, Happy Columbus Day, Happy birthday......

Well, I think I'm *finally* on the mend!! Good grief, I recovered from having a baby faster than I recovered from this sickness I had last week!! I did finally go to the clinic on Thursday & they decided it was NOT a sinus infection like I had thought, but some virus that's going around that they said could last up to 2 weeks!! So....I left....medless except for some OTC stuff she gave me samples of. I guess I should be grateful mine only lasted a week!!

So, as long as I was vertical, I made a card last night. Yep, another Halloween card!!




The stamp is from Penny Black & I think I got it at a rummage sale at my LSS. I colored him with Copics....there was so little to color I figured I couldn't mess it up, lol. The papers are DCWV (orange matte), SU's Basic Black & the adorable paper with the spiders is from Recollections. I bought it at Michael's a few weeks ago when I thought I was never going to get my hands on the Eerie pad! I just couldn't cover up the spiders so the layout is pretty simple. The web in the corner is a Martha Stewart punch from last year, covered with Diamond Stickles. I used my Martha goo punch on the black strip, & added some punched flowers to the corner.




I also added Stickles to the stars on his hat, & used my clear Spica glitter pen for the moons.




Here's a pic of the inside.....the spider stamp came from Michael's & is also from Recollections. I knew it would come in handy for the insides of cards!!



***In other news.....7 Kids College Fund has some fun new stuff available for preorder!!! She has some adorable Stampavie Mo Manning stamps.....AND she will be carrying Cosmo Cricket kits & 6x6 pads!!! I'm so excited!! Of course, I just placed an order over the weekend......so another will be going in soon!!


I want to wish all my US friends a Happy Columbus Day!!! How many of you lucky ducks are off of school & work?? My kids have school.....they're wondering why THEY don't get the day off like so many others, lol. But Matthew is actually fine with going to school today, because it's his birthday!!!!!!! I made him many many chocolate chip/butterscotch cookies yesterday to take as a treat so he was pretty excited. I asked him (sarcastically) if I should make him a crown to wear, & he said "I think Mr. Mueller [his teacher] has one for me." LOL!!!! At 11, I'm surprised that would be something he'd wear. But I guess it DOES let everyone know it's his birthday so they can fawn all over him =) Happy birthday baby!!! I can't believe it's been 11 years since I gave birth to my firstborn.......the one that didn't sleep through the night for the first YEAR!!!!! Maybe that's when my sleep issues started!! LOL!!




12/10/98




8/26/09


Enjoy your day all!! And thank you for being patient while I slowwwwwwly recovered! LOL!!


9 comments:

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, fab image and great papers! Hugs,moni

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Too cute, love it. :)

CFLanger said...

What a gorgeous card! Love that image and the flowers are a nice touch! I think we must have given birth to kids cut from the same cloth because mine didn't sleep for a year either! Now he's 13 and I practically have to flip the mattress to get him out of bed! :o)

Tracey said...

Glad you're feeling better Michelle! A fantastic card!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous card Michelle!

I hope you are back to 100% ASAP!

Hugs, Kelly

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 on My SCS Gallery said...

Hi Michelle, hope you will feel 100% very soon.
I absolutely ADORE your card!! Isn't that dp just awesome?! Love the touch of purple on the hat - really sets the card off. And I LOVE the inside too. You're amazing how you just know how to "finish" a card off and how to balance out all the different elements (something I constantly struggle with!).
{Sigh} - I could look at yr cards all day! :-)

Yvonne Hagane said...

That is such a cute halloweencard! The image is so darling, and the whole card is just wonderfully put together!!

Tab said...

Oh hun, your card is gorgeous! I love the image, just adorable!
Hope Matthew enjoyed his birthday!
Hugs Tab xxx

Ila said...

Gorgeous card...love that kitty..and those papers...I just got mine in the mail today..Yay!!
What a Cute baby Matthew was...and what a handsome young fella he is now...a "Heart-breaker" for sure!!...Hugs, Ila

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...