Thursday, October 29, 2009

Why me??

Ok, well, finally after a week I got a card made!! That's the good news!! The bad news is.....my camera broke :( After futzing with my computer all morning (I got an error while trying to download the Flash Player update) I finally got it to the point where it *wasn't* giving me an error every time I clicked enter. So I decided to list a card on Ebay before posting my new card on my blog. Well, somewhere between the first picture & the last picture, the zoom broke. NOW the whole thing is broken. It beeps when I turn it on.....the lens comes out....then it goes off. I changed the batteries 6 times....it's definitely my camera :( And I can't afford a new one at the moment.....so who knows when I'll be able to show my card.....sigh....WHY oh WHY does everything break on me at once? And why does it all break when I'm broke? LOL...

SO.....since it happens to be Thursday & I haven't posted a recipe in a while....& nothing else is working....that is what I'm posting today!! It's a great recipe for this time of year!! I don't like pumpkin....yuck...but my kids tell me this is delicious!!!!


MAPLE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE

1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (16 oz) can pumpkin
3 eggs
1 cup pure maple syrup
1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
MAPLE PECAN GLAZE***

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine crumbs, sugar & butter; press firmly on bottom of 9" springform pan OR 13"x9" baking pan. In large mixing bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth. Add pumpkin, eggs, 1/4 cup maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg & salt; mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until edge springs back when lightly touched (center will be slightly soft). Cool. Chill. Top with MAPLE PECAN GLAZE***. Refrigerate leftovers.

***MAPLE PECAN GLAZE
In saucepan, combine remaining 3/4 cup maple syrup & 1 cup whipping cream; bring to a boil. Boil rapidly 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened; stir occasionally. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans.


So does that sound good? Does it sound like a good dessert for Thanksgiving? That's what I'll be making. I made it last year & it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it. I had a Milky Way bar instead :)

Thanks for listening to my woes of the day!! Be sure to enter to win my blog candy above....it ends Saturday!!!!!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Oh no!!!!! Michelle that sucks about your camera!!! The recipie sounds yummy.... anything that has cream cheese is bound to be good!!!
Dianne

Ila said...

Wow...no camera..now that is bad news!!...The recipe sounds Wonderful!!...Take Care!!...Hugs, Ila

Jenn said...

I think I am going to make this for my halloween party tomorrow, sound good!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...