Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A very snowy Tuesday

A few days ago when the East got hit with all that snow, I kept thinking "I'm so glad for once it's not us". Well.....we got ours! It snowed overnight, all day today & it isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow morning! Ugh! I'm not even going to take pictures this time because they will look like all the rest I've posted!! Lots of white! It was soooo slippery on the way to work this morning...I always worry about the kids riding on the bus. I always try to believe they are safer on that big ole bus than in my little car (ok, I drive a minivan...not so little....but it's a bug compared to that big bus!). I think today you will all hear me gasp with relief from wherever you are when that yellow bus comes up over the hill to our stop!

I also got hit with a bug over the weekend, so I wasn't able to participate in Sunday's High Hopes challenge. The challenge is to use metal or wire on your card.....go check out the details & fun creations HERE!

I did get a card made a few days ago though....using a Penny Black stamp that I believe I picked up very cheaply at a rummage sale!! Gotta love those deals!!



The stamp is called Hook, Line & Sinker. I colored the image with my Copic markers....I've been gathering quite a nice collection & decided I'd really better start using them more often!! The papers are SU's Basic Gray, PTI's Sweet Blush, & K&Company AB Lotus. I used my Circle Nesties & Blossom Nesties to cut the image....added lots of Stickles to the bottom layer....3 metallic Dew Drops in the corner....& finished with LOTS of stitching.




A close up the of adorable hedgie...oooooo that picture is a bit bright...sorry about that!!




And here is the inside, all finished & pretty. Yep, I copied all the details from the front except the bow & the Dew Drops. All it needs is a matching handmade envelope & it's all ready to go!!!

I wanted to say thank you to Kim for passing on to me this cute award that I have not seen before!! Check out her blog for some fantastically fun projects! Thanks so much Kim...you made my day!!




One more thing.....I know I'm really gabby today....BUT I wanted to share with you some AWESOME talent. I'm sure a certain friend is sick of hearing me talk about it....hi Dianne LOL....but I am a member of an Ebay seller group called The Paper Hen House, & I am completely obsessed with them. They are all scrappers....& they are AMAZING!!! I have never scrapped a thing....I am working on something that I started last fall & have yet to complete. But these ladies are my idols & they inspire me. Every day I ogle every item they list on Ebay. I am so lucky to be part of this greatly talented group. Here is the link to the TPHH auctions....even if you don't need anything or want to buy anything, please go check them out!! These items are so fun to look at!!

Ok, I am done now....have a great Tuesday & thanks for reading my ramblings!!!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

What an adorable card Michelle!

Candy said...

Congratulations, Michelle, on being asked to join The Paper Hen House!!
Sorry to hear you have been ill again. Hope the children arrived home safe from school, too.
I love your cute hedgie!! Love your design and the great colours!
Hugs, Candy

Dianne said...

LOL!!! I LOVE these scrapbook pages and am so glad you showed me :)
YOUR card is sweet sweet and love that stitching!
You got all the snow I needed for a snow day!
Dianne

Ila said...

Your card is Super Cute...and Gorgeous!!...Hope your feeling better now. I'm off to check out the link...TFS!!..Hugs, Ila

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...