Friday, April 2, 2010

A very hard decision...

Hello all & Happy Friday!! Not just any Friday, but GOOD FRIDAY!! I'm so excited that my kids are officially on spring break now....it couldn't have come at a better time!!

I wanted to let you all know that I've made the very difficult decision to step down from the High Hopes design team. It is getting harder & harder for me to find time to sit at my stamping table....& as my kids get older & involved in even more activities than they already are, I know that free time is going to become even more elusive.

I have been with Tina since 2006. We met on SCS when I saw some adorable images in the gallery that I'd never seen before. I sent Tina a message & we became instant friends. She asked if I'd be willing to make some cards with some of her images. I wasn't too sure....I'd only been stamping a few months...but I agreed & the rest, as they say, is history. This was all way before the phrase "design team" came about. She eventually brought a few more stampers on board.....pretty soon we had a full team that we decided to call the High Hopes Divas, & with that, a challenge blog. Her daughter Bethany joined in & has also become a part of my life. I am so grateful to Tina, not just for the opportunity, but for her friendship & love, & if it weren't for her I would not have met some of the most amazing people that I get to call my friends. I love you all, thank you so much!!!

Don't worry, I'll still be around! Even when I don't have time to create anything, I do still try to get some blurfing in each day so I will still be visiting you on your blogs!!! Thank you so much for your support!! Have a super duper Easter, I hope the Easter Bunny is kind to you all :)

11 comments:

6 wacky women said...

Hi Michelle
It's totally understandable how things change and our free time seems to get shorter and shorter. The boys are the most important at this age, though.
I am really going to miss you....you are such an inspiration, I just love your work....so I will be blog stalking you just the same!!!

Have a Happy Easter....
Hugs
Karen x

Squirrel x said...

Oh Michelle, that's just made me feel sad. You are one of my biggest High Hopes inspirations lady! Totally understand your reasons though and just so long as you are not leaving us altogether then that's ok. Huge thanks for all you have done with HH. Hugs, Squirrel xx

♥...Mo...♥ said...

The family should always be the priority
You're a great artist
and I enjoy seeing your work
Although now is low
I'll be around here visitandote
Hugs from Venezuela

Niki Estes said...

Sorry to hear you had to step down, Michelle, but I totally understand, too. Sometimes life changes and we need to go a different direction. I look forward to seeing the cards that you create when you get the time. Big hugs!!

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

I know this must have been a very tough decision to make, sorry to see you go hun! Enjoy every minute you can with your boys!!!
Amy

Melanie said...

Oh Michelle...I will miss seeing your gorgeous cards on the High Hopes blog each week. I'm sure this was a difficult decision for you, but the time we have with our kids while they are young goes by so quickly, and so we enjoy every moment (as Amy said above). Wishing you all the best, and I always look forward to seeing your creations.

Lacey Stephens said...

Oh Michelle, I am so sad reading this again! You were one of my faces that I associated with HH before I was added to the team. So we are going to miss you so much!! But as a mother of active kids, I know how hard it is to juggle time. I hope you have a lovely Easter and I will be seeing you in blogland!!
~Lacey

delightfuldaisy said...

I'm sure this has been a very difficult decision. But put your mind at ease by knowing you have made the right decision for your children. We must put God first, and our family next. Best wishes to you and enjoy your family time!!

Alex. said...

Hi Honey!
I`m so sad, that you aren`t now on the team. :-( But i can understand you. I will miss you very much, but i watch your blog always.
Hugs
Alex.

Ila said...

Hi Michelle!!...I can sure understand how hard it is to make these decisions..but having time to make memories with your family is a first for sure. You are going to be very missed...especially by High Hopes...but I'm glad we'll still be treated to seeing your Gorgeous cards even if not as frequently as before. Have a Blessed and Happy Easter!!..Big Hugs, Ila

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

You will be soooo missed but I totally understand. It's hard to feel creative when you are running short of time and HAVE to make a card to meet deadlines. Kind of takes the joy and fun out of it.
Happy Easter to you and your family. Hope it is everything you would wish it to be :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...