Thursday, October 28, 2010

Another EASY PEASY recipe!


Remember way back, when I had the idea that I was going to post a fun & simple recipe EVERY WEEK? Ha......well that's gone as well as blogging every day!! My intentions are there, the recipes are there ..... sadly the time is not.

BUT I wanted to share this recipe with you that I tried a couple of weeks ago. I didn't get a photo before the cookies were all gone, so I borrowed the one above from Taste of Home I'm sure they won't mind, lol). Best food magazine ever!! Here is the recipe that I found in their Simple & Delicious magazine --they were definitely simple, & they must have been delicious because they were gone in about 12 hours!

PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Directions
  • In a small bowl, cream peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg. Add oats and baking soda to creamed mixture; mix well.
  • Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.

I actually didn't even get 2 dozen, only about 16 --which is why they were gone so quickly! Iwill definitely make more next time now that I know they are a hit!! They were so quick to make --perfect for a last minute treat!! Let me know if you try them --I love when my friends try something I recommend!


Thankfully I have off of work tomorrow. My kids are off today & tomorrow for teachers convention & I decided tomorrow is going to be a day of FUN. Not sure yet what we'll do --I had thought about the zoo, but the weather hasn't been zoo friendly this week. We will find something to do -even if it's just hanging out at the mall --as long as I'm with my offspring I'm happy :)


And PS --I have recently listed some charms for sale in my Etsy shop --I will be adding more next week, & as time goes on I am hoping to stock my shop with lots of different goodies. Thanks to all my friends & customers for your continued support!


1 comments:

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Mmmm - they sound yummy - and such an easy recipe. I am printing it out as we speak.....thanks Michelle :-)

Hope your Mum is going OK - and your grandma too with her new pacemaker. Thinking of you with all the stress/pressure you must be under - no wonder it's hard for you to sleep thru the night. But I hope things will get better for you - and life will be less stressful soon. {{Hugs}} from across the miles.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...