Saturday, January 22, 2011

Game day CHILI



Just in case you all need a reminder of who is going to win the game tomorrow :)

Since I am making a big batch of chili for the game I thought I'd post the recipe. It is the yummiest chili ever. I'm actually not a fan of chili, but I love this recipe --it's my grandma's. How come grandmas have the best recipes??


GRANDMA'S CHILI

2 lb ground beef
4 onions, chopped
2 cans dark red kidney beans
2 cans tomato soup
2 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter
2 green peppers, chopped
2 tsp chili powder

Brown meat, onion & green pepper in butter. Place in baking dish. Add remaining ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours (325 degrees if baking in glass dish).

***I don't like green peppers so I omit them---up to you :)

***I find it's easier to mix all the ingredients in a big huge pot, then transfer to the dish. When I tried to mix everything right in the dish it didn't go so well!!


So there you have it --the best chili ever! Some would argue it's not chili if there's no noodles. OMG I HATE noodles in chili!! And I'm a pasta FREAK --but no noodle. Bleah.

Let me know if you try it --it's a big hit at our house & let me tell you it's hard to find something that all 4 of us like!!!!!!!

Have a great Sunday!!!

cheese-head






2 comments:

Dianne said...

Gonna have to try it! First chili I've seen that you bake.... Thanks Michelle!!

Dawn B. said...

I LOVE chili.. I think I might make me some while I watch the Steelers. haha.. JK. Hey did you see the stamp that Whipper Snapper came out with.. It is a GB Packer stamp. It is so cool. Even I loved it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...