There have been some other things as well but I will spare you. My free time lately has been spent just hanging with my boys. We've gone shopping, out to eat, visited my mom, watched some movies that we've wanted to see but hadn't gotten around to (RIO!!! What a cute movie!!), & last night we went to a water park with our 4H club. So. Much. FUN!!! They even got me to go down one of the HUGE water slides -- something I really didn't want to do because I am SOOOO afraid of heights. Going down isn't bad, it's the getting up there that's tough for me. About a gamillion stairs -- & when I got to the top I about had a panic attack. I told the worker he needed to get me in my tube & down QUICKLY before I threw up. And of course, I had to do this twice. Because I have 2 kids. Ahhhhh I should get a gold star for that!
Today we are going to Target to get stuff for the pies I'm making for tomorrow -- I'm making my very first pumpkin pie. My grandma always made the pumpkin pie. Since she can't, I'm taking over. I found what I hope is a good recipe -- if it's a hit I will share it with you :) I'm also making a banana cream pie. And not just the kind where you plop some pudding into a crust. A REAL one! I don't like pumpkin pie so the banana cream is for ME :)
Tonight after pies are made & we've eaten dinner we are going to watch the last Harry Potter movie. We've seen a couple in the theater but we missed this one so we are looking forward to it. I'd really like to go see the Muppets but my KIDS are not INTERESTED! Can you believe it?? No taste in movies at ALL!!!
So..... to sum it up ....I have not been creating. I've just been enjoying my free time with my boys. In spite of all that is going on I'm actually looking forward to this holiday. I've been a Scrooge the last few years so this year I'm making up for it. We are putting up our tree this weekend & I'm going to play Christmas music & we're going to have FUN whether they like it or not!
I have so many blessings in my life. Here is a small list of things for which I am thankful:
1) My kids, who are healthy (most of the time) & happy (well except for the teenager - teenagers are never happy)
2) My family -- they are mostly sane
3) My friends -- the ones I can hug & the ones I can only send cyber hugs to
4) My neighbors. We couldn't live in a better neighborhood. When we win the lottery, we'll have to just knock down our house & build the mansion on the lot we have. I will never move.
5) My house, with all its quirks
6) Deer hunting season, during which my husband is gone for 2 weeks. Only because I'm happy he can go up north & relax & have fun with nature. Not because I enjoy the peace & quiet while he's gone or anything.
7) Peace & quiet :)
8) My job, which I love, & the co-workers that come with it. A great group of people with huge hearts who will do anything for anyone.
9) A car that runs. Most of the time.
10) A great mechanic for when my car *doesn't* run.
11) All the little things that make a "blah" day a GOOD day --- my fur-baby Elwood, French Vanilla coffee, Facebook, Rolos, blurfing, the Stephanie Plum books, Grey's Anatomy, the daily newspaper, & the few radio stations that DON'T start playing Christmas music the day after Halloween.
And of course, I'm also very thankful for all of you who visit me, who email me, who make me laugh, & whose creations I draw inspiration from -- thanks to you all! I hope you have super duper FANTASTIC Thanksgiving!! Don't eat too much!!! On second thought -- eat all you want. Thanksgiving only comes once a year :)