Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Muffins


Hello all, & happy Sunday to you! I hope you've had a swell weekend. I *heart* Sundays :)  That is my day to stay home, clean & do laundry (ok, I definitely don't *heart* cleaning & laundry) but I usually get to spend some time in the kitchen which is fun for me. It used to be a chore, but now that I work I look forward to baking & cooking, especially when I'm trying new recipes. I used to spend hours browsing through cookbooks. Now I spend hours browsing an evil site called Pinterest. If you've heard of it -- you are probable as addicted as I am. If you haven't heard of it -- then go check it out so you can be as addicted informed as I am!

So here is one of the fabulous recipes I came across just a few days ago. We LOVE muffins around here, especially muffins involving chocolate chips. This recipe makes 18 muffins, & since I made these 4 hours ago, 6 of them have mysteriously vanished. 




Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Muffins

source: Bake Me More

  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 (4 serving) box instant vanilla pudding
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used mini)
Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 muffin pans with paper cups, or spray. Combine all ingredients except for chocolate chips. Stir until moist, then fold in chips. Batter will be lumpy - don't overmix. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full & bake 23-29 minutes. Makes 18 muffins.


How easy is that? I made these while my kids were out in the snow, & when they came in they had these fresh out of the oven, plus some hot chocolate. Mmmmmmm....

I haven't been spending a whole lot of time in the craft room. When I do have extra time, it's usually in the kitchen --- or playing our new favorite game Ligretto with the boys --- or trying to get my house organized. I don't make New Years resolutions but I did decide this year is the Year of Organization. Thanks to Pinterest I have found some great blogs that are completely dedicated to organizing. Oh, the inspiration! I see a lot of trips to Goodwill in my future. If you are trying to get organized as well, I'd love to hear about it -- what your plan is, what you've done so far, & any tips & tricks you've learned :)

Have a super week!!! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...