Monday, February 27, 2012

Pie Tilda


Hi all -- happy Monday. Well it's almost Tuesday. So it's really almost the middle of the week. Wow, that went fast!

So I got my package from Stamp & Create last week, & I could NOT wait to ink up this cutie~




This is Pie Tilda -- although I see no pie. But I love her anyway (although I'd love her more if she had pie!) I also used my bench stamp for the first time since I bought it last year. I really thought I would use that more. Hmmm maybe it's because my stamp area has become total chaos & I forget what I have. I had organized it at one time .....but I'm usually spent by the time I finally finish a card so I just leave it be till I can get around to cleaning it up ..... which is usually never ....

ANYWAY --- I stamped her onto Cryogen Shimmery White paper (thanks Dianne, for reminding me how awesome this paper is with Copics!) I hate masking -- so I cut Tilda out (she almost got a new 'do -- it wasn't easy cutting around those piggie tails!) & set her on the bench. I was really excited to use my new Butterfly Circles Nestie that I got ON SALE at Joann today ~ I' hadn't bought any Nesties in a while, I couldn't decide which to get! Papers are DCWV Old School -- sentiment is Papertrey Ink -- 



I was hoping to catch the glimmer of the paper -- but let's face it I'm a stamper not a photographer!


And can I just say -- I'm trying really hard to use grays more when coloring -- I know it's how you get really good shadows -- & I've read the tutorials -- but I just can NOT use that much gray, lol. It turns out great for others -- but my hand just won't let me add as much gray as I should -- I'm really trying -- it looked like I added a lot when I was coloring this -- but I see now that I really didn't. I feel like I'm ruining the image if I add too much gray. It's all a learning process...

I'm entering this into these challenges:

Just Magnolia -- Use a doily (store bought or die cut)
Totally Tilda -- Tilda with die cuts & punches
Simon Says Stamp -- Use 3 different papers
Papertake Weekly -- Get Krafty

Thanks for visiting! 

6 comments:

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Michelle,
She's gorgeous, love the bench!
Yes I wonder why pie tilda?
Love your design, wonderful card.
Love, Mel. xxx

Exclusively by Mel said...

Sorry lovely,
I forgot to say thank you for joining us at Totally Tilda.
Love, Mel. xxx

Linda Palmer said...

This is so beautiful Michelle. Love that Tilda and think maybe I need the bench..Your coloring is always gorgeous.

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi lovely,
I got some Caran D' Ache Luminance.
Not cheap, but are wonderful!
xxx

Liz's creative corner said...

Gorgeous card Michelle,cute Tilda I wonder about her name too but it does suite her lol, fab layout and design, thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda, hugs Liz xx

Cheryl said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I love the dimension and your beautiful coloring.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...