Monday, April 29, 2013

For those of you who guessed I made a card ....

you are correct! I did, in fact, make a card this weekend. Here's how it went down: 

Friday night I was going through my stamps to see what else I wanted to list for sale. I came across my Penny Black stamps. Ohhhhh how I *heart* the PB's, especially the hedgies! I set those aside & went on with sorting. 

Saturday morning I was up at about 6. I KNOW!!!! How rude is that?! I heard my husband get up to go to work & I just couldn't get back to sleep. So I thought I'd go down & do some more sorting. But then I thought "my kids won't be awake until at least 8:00. That gives me 2 whole hours!". So while I DID do some more sorting, I also decided to make a card with one of my very favorite hedgies. To celebrate the fine spring weather we are finally having!







Please remember I am wayyy out of practice & I have no idea what is popular these days. I don't follow challenges anymore. I rarely get to read stamping blogs anymore. I don't go on SCS anymore, except to post what I have for sale. So I felt a bit blind. But ... I do like how it turned out. I could maybe have used some springier, brighter papers, but .... it is what it is (I've said that a lot over the years hahaa).





I have sold some of my Copic markers, but I'll never get rid of my Prisma pencils! They will always be my favorites. But I think my Goo Gone evaporated, lol - I had just a few drops left in my container & I *know* there was more than that when I last colored!




I even found a dollar stamp from Michael's that I had never used. Spring Fling - yep, spring is definitely flinging around here :)

And in case you want a peek at what I had to work with -- this is just a sampling of what my space now looks like:



If you recall, last summer my son wanted to steam clean the carpet in the basement, but my stuff was everywhere. He said "You have too much stuff! You will never use it all!" & that is the moment I decided he was right. Too much stuff. I hadn't touched it in months. It was time to get rid of it. Obviously I haven't gotten rid of it all, but I've done pretty well. But just try to find some pearls in that mess!!! 

I'll be back in a few days with a really yummy recipe I just have to share with you!

Have a super week!

3 comments:

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

ADORABLE card Michelle! Love the colours and the adorable hedgie. I am sure that stash breeds when we are not looking LOL - but you have done very well to just have a box left.

Squirrel x said...

Oh hunny, it is SOOOOOOO good to see you having a craft session again!! Loving your PB hedgie (don't worry hun, these will never go out of favour) and the Spring Fling sentiment is perfect with it. Right then, how long to the next one....? Hugs Sxx

Ila said...

Love you spring card...and that cute hedgie! Unfortunately we are getting 20 cm of snow today...Yuk! It's nice to know spring is somewhere..lol.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...