Monday, November 4, 2013

Pineapple Zucchini Bread

Happy Monday! Hope you had a great weekend! Today I'm sharing one of my grandma's BEST recipes she ever handed down to me. If you like Zucchini Bread, you will LOVE this bread! 

We kind of got lazy with the garden this year. And that means we had a lot of H-U-G-E zucchini! So I shredded and shredded and shredded some more. I wish I'd thought to take pictures of some of these monsters! 




I have enough zucchini in the freezer to make about 30 loaves of bread, lol. This recipe is just one of about 15 Zucchini Bread recipes I own, but this is everyone's favorite. The pineapple helps make this bread super moist. 


Pineapple Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup (8 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
3 cups flour
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional (never in my bread, lol)

Beat eggs. Add oil, sugar & vanilla; beat until foamy. Stir in zucchini & pineapple. Combine rest of ingredients & stir into zucchini mixture. Blend well. Bake in 2 greased & floured 9"x5" pans at 350° for 1 hour (or 40 minutes for mini loaves). Cool 10 minutes in pans, then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling. 



All my recipes are easy, lol. I love to bake but the recipe can't contain 25 ingredients & take 4 hours to prepare. I make this bread all the time & could probably do it in my sleep. I love making the mini loaves to give as gifts. With the holidays coming up, these are perfect to give to teachers, bus drivers, co-workers .... anyone you want to give a little something to. Who doesn't love baked goods? 


In other news, I have recently spent a bit of time at my craft table. I did finish something that I will share in the next couple of days,  however I want to prepare you. When someone no longer colors every day like someone used to, that someone's end result kind of sucks. LOL.....just trying to prepare you!

Now ....I'm off to watch the Packers kick the Bears behinds!! Happy Monday Night Football!!

1 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Now then. I know I said I love your recipes, but I have to draw the line somewhere - courgettes, in a cake? Really? And with pineapple? I am a little worried. But, having said that, the photo does make it look like I need to try it .... do you think it would last five days in the post? And I don't believe you about the colourwork! Hugs Sxx

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...