Thursday, November 6, 2014

A new hobby??

****** CLICK HERE if you'd like a chance at winning a High Hopes stamp ******

I haven't even come close to getting rid of all my paper craft supplies, & I'm already thinking of possibly starting a new hobby. Even though I know I don't have the time, I just feel like something is missing if I don't have a little something to do that's just for me. 

Soooooo my mom & grandma had started beading after one of my grandma's stints at a rehab/nursing home. It was something they did a lot with the residents & after my grandma was home, she realized she really missed crafting & decided to continue.


My mom is someone who always said "if I can buy something already made, why would I take the time & effort to make it myself?". Needless to say, she didn't quite understand my love of card making. 

But, after watching my grandma bead, she decided to try it. And lo & behold, she enjoyed it! 





And so like any good mother would, she tried to get me into it. I told her I didn't have time for my own hobby, why would I start another? And besides, I now have roughly 92 handmade bracelets that she has made for me, so I don't really have a need to bead. 

However, I also have a co-worker who is very into beading & has been doing it for a long time. She makes necklaces & earrings as well as some very unique bracelets. She sent me a few links to some of her beading friends on Pinterest, which make me go to You Tube & watch a few tutorials and .....


I haven't bought any beads YET. But I'm close to breaking. My mom only makes bracelets. She doesn't have pierced ears so she has no interest in making earrings. And the bracelets she does make are simple - no clasps. She only has partial use of her left hand so it's hard enough for her to just string beads on a piece of wire & tie a couple of knots. She can't do anything fancy.

But I could.





Both pictures are bracelets my mom has made. If SHE ...... she who shunned crafts of any kind for the first 60 years of her life .... can make these, then I can too. The question is, do I want to start another hobby?? Can I start ano
ther hobby? Do I have time for another hobby? Ok, I already know the answer to that last one. 

Stay tuned.....


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...