Thursday, July 10, 2008

Today is nature day

I wanted to share with you all this picture I just snapped of Papa bluebird & his babies at our birdbath (yes, the water gets changed every day ~ looks pretty gross, doesn't it?). I was at the kitchen table eating lunch & ran to get my camera when I saw them. I opened the patio door & they flew away. I went back in, leaving the door open a crack & sure enough they came back. I wish I had a better zoom on my camera, this is the closest shot I could get. Aren't they cute??


While I was out there, I thought I'd get a picture of one of my Zinnias. I've never had Zinnia's before, but I bought 2 different kinds this year. I'm not sure what the technical term for this one is ~~ all you master gardeners out there will have to help me out ~~ but I love the full heads they get. So pretty :)


I *am* working on a card, but I have a lot of domestic duties to get done today (other than taking pictures of birds) so I probably won't get to finish it until tonight. I promise I'll work on that rather than playing around with my blog colors & fonts!

2 comments:

Pegg S said...

I don't think I've ever seen birds in a bird bath --in real life ! Only in stamped images! :) So cute!

Ila said...

Great photo Michelle!! We never get any blue birds here.
Your Zinnia is lovely!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...