Sunday, November 2, 2008

High Hopes challenge #6

Good Sunday morning everyone & happy Daylight Savings Time no more!!! I didn't get to enjoy that extra hour of sleep, but I sure hope you did!!

This week's challenge on the High Hopes blog comes to us from Crissy, & it's to use non-traditional colors on a Christmas card.


I used an older image, Birdies Friend Snowlady.The image is colored with Prismas & lots of Twinkling H2O's. I kept messing up my shading on the snowlady, so I ended up just coloring over her with Oyster H2O. You can't tell in the picture but she's wonderfully shimmery. Sometimes mistakes are good :) The pattern paper comes from my trusty Provocraft Holiday Slab from last year ~ I'm getting a lot of use out of that baby!! And it was on clearance so that's a bonus!! I used Almost Amethyst for my card base & matting. 3 Primas with snowflake brads in the center, & 3 pearls down the side finish off my non-traditional card. Be sure to check out the blog HERE for the challenge. If you make a card for this challenge, link it in the comments so we can all see it. And there's a special something for one player this week ~~ one lucky person will win Holly the Winter Fairy & the Fairy Merry Christmas sentiment to go with it!! Good luck to you all!!

20 comments:

Katharina Frei said...

What a stunning coloration Michelle!! Great paper choice too. Love your card!
Katharina x

Dianne said...

I think this is now my new favorite card of yours!!!! I love the colors of blues and your shimmer!!! I think this is one of the stamps I ordered, at least I hope so!! Hopefully my order will be coming soon :)
Dianne

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH gosh it's gorgeous Michelle! LOVE the colour combo and your colouring is spectacular as usual! I need to make a trip your way for some one-on-one classes!!

Niki Estes said...

What a pretty card, Michelle! Your coloring is amazing! Every year, we forget about daylight savings time when the day comes. Thanks for reminding us this year! lol

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Wow, this sure is gorgeous Michelle, I love this image and your colouring is stunning, Such great colours too, Hugs, Nikki x

Sherri said...

I love it. It's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this one.
Sherri

mueppi said...

Hi Michelle
your card is so beautiful!
I love this cute snowmen!
Hugs Gisela

Anonymous said...

Your mess ups are incredible. I love the shimmer. What a great snowlady. I just ordered her. Great card Michelle. SO perfectly done as always.
Hugs,
Dawn B.

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Gorgeous!! I love that snowman, and of course your gorgeous coloring.

Janette said...

this is so beautiful Michelle! I love the colors you chose and of course it is colored just perfectly. This is really one of my favorite cards that you have made- awesome job!!

Ila said...

Your card is Totally Gorgeous!! I love the colors, papers, flowers and the way you colored this Snowlady!! Saskatchewan doesn't recognize daylight saving time...Our neighboring provinces do...we're like a needle in a haystack...lol

Ying Pang, said...

your card is beautiful , I love your color combo:-))

Tammi said...

Lovely color combo, this is so very cute Michelle! I like the snowflakes in the primas too!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Your card is so elegant, and so pretty!! I love the papers, the layout, and the embellishments; they go so perfect! Hugs!! xo

MMO said...

This is the "cutest" snowlady card I'd ever seen. Your colors are fantastic. It's about time a "snowlady" is the center of attention instead of a "snowman"!!! Women rock!!!!!

Ann Hedvig said...

Awsome card and coloring!

Rhonda Kelly said...

Adorable card! I love those colors. I am also a non traditional girl when it comes to holiday cards...great job!

Cheryl said...

She is absolutely adorable! Love the colors you chose and those original floers! gotta remembe rthat!

wendy G said...

Wow, that is just beautiful! This is my first time on your blog - you do some amazing work!

strawberry fields said...

What a lovely card!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...