Sunday, March 8, 2009

Challenge #21 .... a zig or a zag???

Good morning!! This week's High Hopes challenge comes to us from Anna.....my original stamping idol! The challenge is to use zig zags on your card. It can be a zig zag punch.....zig zag stitching....a zig zag stamp....you get the idea!



Well I just happened to find this fun "stitched" paper in my stash.....the company name is gone, but I would have to guess it's Doodlebug paper....it's just their fun kind of paper!! I also used some zig zag ribbon from American Crafts. The image is Party Girl Florence from High Hopes. She's colored with Prisma pencils & gamsol.....lots of Crystal Effects & glitter on the balloons....& I sponged the sky & ground. Well, I sponged it *after* I colored it. Coloring usually works for me but I just couldn't get it to look right, so I sponged right over it. I thought I had the Happy Bird-day sentiment.....but I can't find it. Doesn't mean I don't have it, just means I can't find it!




I again used my fake Dew Drops....Crystal Accents from Michael's. I use the clear, then using my 1/4" hole punch I punch a few pieces of card stock....in this case Regal Rose....& glue them on. Usually I use my Crystal Effects to glue them on, but this time I used Stickles so they're sparkly pretty......see????



This card almost didn't happen.....we have Pink Eye in our house....ugh!! So far it's Pink Eye - 2, Petermanns - 0!! There's so much going around school....& Pink Eye is pretty tame so I'm not complaining, lol!!

Be sure to check out the other Divas work on the High Hopes blog.....& if you play along you have a chance at winning some goodies!!!!

Have a great week!!

20 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

How adorable!! Love all your zigzags!

Tracey said...

Love this card! The pink is fabulous! Sorry to hear about the Pink Eye situation. I hope everything is cleared up soon! xx

Dawn B. said...

You always have just the right "stash". How does that happen???? Love this. The image is adorable. So is your coloring. I have looked for the faux Mike's embellies here and I cannot find them. Go figure. Super job... Hugs.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute, Michelle!! I love the colors and sparkle!

Lisa Foster said...

This is totally ADORABLE, Michelle! I love the sparkley ballons! Hope you guys loose the pink eye, and you find you stamp :)
Great Card!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I love it. :)

Annie said...

fabby card and love the tip for fixing dew drops with stickles, they look great! hugs, annie x

Jacquel said...

Awesome card as always Michelle! love your coloring & all the pink...tfs!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Check out this FUN image and fun card! How cool!

Paula said...

What a FUN card...the dp was perfect for this image...love the dew drops...what a fantastic card!

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Michelle.
I just love your coloring and the papers are just perfect. Love the sparkley balloons too.
Your Florence is just too darn cute!!

Karen x

Kelly Schelske said...

Florence is having a great ole time!! Fabulous job Michelle!! Love your coloring and all the zig zags, it looks great!!

Hugs, Kelly

Cheryl said...

Love that image! The sparkly balloons and dew drops are just perfect with you perfect pink flamingo!

Anonymous said...

wow wonderful card, love it
hugs Nadine

Anjou Krelovich said...

Super adorable! Love the colors and your coloring and the sparkle on those balloons and brads! Can ya tell I like it?

Alicia said...

Is all that pink in honor of the pink eye at your home LOL!!! Your card is so cute and hope you all clear up soon.

Ila said...

This card is Fabulous!!...your coloring and papers are Gorgeous!..and thanks for the stickles tip with the dew drops...they look great!!..Hope you and your family are all better now....Hugs, Ila

Valerie said...

haha! omg this card is GREAT! My bff and I have a mascot and its a flamingo she is going to LOVE this when I show it to her! It's GREAT!

Bev said...

Fabulous!! The image is just brilliant hun, delish papers and colours too x

Anonymous said...

This is a very fun card for the challenge! I love your coloring and all the fun sparkles!!
~Lacey

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...