Thursday, March 26, 2009

Recipe Thursday

Hello all, & happy Thursday!! It is Thursday, right? Sheesh.....ALL DAY yesterday I kept thinking it was Tuesday, & it didn't hit me until about 3:00 that it wasn't Tuesday....it was Wednesday. That is a really scary feeling, not knowing what day of the week it is. My mind is definitely going.

I want to thank all of you for your kind words & support!! So many comments....& emails....I so appreciate you all crossing your parts for us, lol. They had a meeting yesterday at my hubby's work, & they did say they were going to try everything to NOT lay off people....including possibly cutting everyone's hours back a bit. 32 hours a week is still way better than no hours a week!! I worry so about insurance.....I don't know what we would do about that if he lost his job. He said their Cobra is the worst.....that we'd be better off with private insurance. Well, I guess we cross that bridge if we come to it....no sense in worrying about it until it happens, right??

Anyway....on to today's easy peasy recipe. Today we have Sloppy Joes!! I can't stand Sloppy Joes out of a can, lol. This recipe has been around a long time.....my mom always made it when I was a kid....but I think it's very popular all over, because I have met a few friends who make it the exact same way.

SLOPPY JOES

1 green or red pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
6 stalks celery, chopped
2 cups ketchup
3 TBSP sugar
3 TBSP dry mustard
3 TBSP vinegar
4 TBSP worcestershire sauce
Salt & pepper
2 lbs ground beef

Saute pepper, onion & celery in butter. Add ketchup & seasonings. Simmer 45 minutes. Brown meat & add to sauce; heat through.


That's it!!! So easy but soooooo good. I actually don't add the celery, because none of us likes celery. But that's how the recipe came to me so I kept it. Sometimes I cut the recipe in half, if I'm making it just for the kids & me. But you can freeze it, so it would make a great, quick dinner for those nights you just don't have time to cook a big meal. Enjoy! And as always, if you try it let me know....I love to hear how you liked it!!

4 comments:

Laura VanVleet said...

This sounds delish Michelle! I'm going to try this this weekend!!

Cheryl said...

Hey, Michelle! this sounds good! I printed it out to try! Loved the chocolate/peanut butter cookies, by the way!
Have a good weekend! C.

Dawn B. said...

Yum... I am making this tomorrow. I have hamburger for cooking out but it is pouring down rain. Thanks sweetie.. I needed this recipe...

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This sounds delish!!! I will have to try it after our weekend trip to visit family in Boston!! I hope you have a good weekend!! You are in my thoughts!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...