Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas stocking

OK, I will definitely be retaking these pics tomorrow! Sometimes I like my homemade light box....sometimes....not so much. I've played around with the colors in PSP & I just can't get them to look right. So I'll try again tomorrow in the light of day!!





But I wanted to get this Xmas card posted before........well, before Christmas is over, lol!! This is another new stamp that I got from 7 Kids College Fund called Christmas Stocking by Gillian Roberts. And guess what?? This stamp is now on clearance in the store!! More on that later.....

This card started out well....I decided to stamp the image onto SU's Very Vanilla for a bit of a change. Colored it with my Prismas (not so much of a change) .....then I added TONS of glitter....to the flame....the ornament.....the cap....then it happened. I was testing different flowers to see which would look best, when I dragged my hand across the entire card. Not just a little bit....oh no....when I mess something up I mess it up BIG. So......I had a huge glittery mess.....but since I'd worked so hard on the coloring I was determined to fix it!! I think I did ok....just don't look too closely....notice my close up pic below is angled just so....lol..

The papers are Bazzill Bling & surprise!!! Not Basic Grey but Cosmo Cricket!! I forgot I had purchased a sheet....yes, just one sheet....at my LSS about a month ago. I used my Nestabilities Labels 1 to cut out the image & green matte....then hand cut the red layer, which is SU's Riding Hood Red. Don't look too closely at that either, lol!!! I finished it off with a strip of RHR punched with my Martha Stewart Lattice border punch....some cream colored organdy ribbon.....3 half pearls....& the dreaded Primas that got me into so much glittery trouble!!





So back to the clearance at 7 Kids College Fund......click HERE to see everything that has been clearanced out! This stamp, plus a ton of other Christmas items, have been reduced from already low prices (I sound like an appliance commercial lol).....also Gel-A-Tins embossing powders, some Spellbinders items, some retired Stampavie stamps....too much to list here so go check it out!!!!

Tab also has the brand new Basic Grey papers & accessories......Sugar Rush & Origins! You know how I feel about my Basic Grey....lol...a huge necessity in my life!!

Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see what the 9th day of Christmas special is!!!

7 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Michelle! What an adorable image! Love the rich dark colors, it's fabulous!

Mich said...

What a cute card this is, I really love it !!!

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Michelle! That image is too cute!! xx

Denise said...

This card is absolutely Beautiful!!
Merry Christmas.
Hugs,
Denise

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Michelle
The image is just adorable.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!!

Karen x

Tammi said...

A sweet little mouse, love the colors! Love all your cards!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 on my SCS Gallery said...

Hi Michelle! Just had to leave you some love about your card - it's SO adorable, and even if you think the glitter-smearing (which I do ALL the time!!) made a mess, I can't tell where even on the close-up.
And I wanted to wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas and may all your dreams come true in 2010. Thanks for all the inspiration, detailed card info and your recipes too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...