Saturday, December 12, 2009

My first Whiff of Joy

Happy Saturday everyone!! I'm working vigorously to get caught up from this past week....including finishing that card I started last weekend!! Doesn't seem like it should have taken me a week....it's not all that grand....lol....but it did!!

Here is.......my very first Whiff of Joy!!!!



Yes, you read that right....this is my very first Whiff of Joy stamp!!! When I last ordered from 7 Kids College Fund, the new Christmas Henry stamps had just come out so I had to get at least one! I wanted ALL of them, but somehow restrained myself! I colored him with my Copics, which as you know is rare!! I figured I couldn't mess up a mouse too badly, lol! After searching for over an hour for my Liquid Applique, I *finally* found it over by my cat's bed....hmmm....wonder how it got over there. It was so frustrating because I just needed 2 little dollops to put on the marshmallows, but the card just would not have been complete without it! I used Fun Flock on the hat, & Angel Wings Shimmerz on the steam. The papers are SU's Riding Hood Red, Old Olive & Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses. I added some tulle & silver cord, along with a snowflake charm (& yes, I meant to shread the ends of the cord, lol). Stitched around the edges.....& added a snowflake that I just found while I was looking for the Liquid Applique. I forgot I had bought a package at Michael's last Christmas. The flakes are white felt with silver glitter....I sponged it using Riding Hood Red ink.....& plopped it on top of some punched leaves.




Close up of Henry....he's got to be the cutest mouse I've ever seen!!





I'm adding this close up pic of the marshmallows, since I went through so much to add that LA!! LOL!!





Not sure what happened to my colors in this picture....they're way off....but I just wanted to show you the inside all dolled up :)

Well I'm off to finish some laundry & cleaning. I was hoping to bake some cookies today, but it looks like it will have to wait until tomorrow. The day just flies when we actually have power!! LOL!!

6 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE your first WOJ, Michelle! Beautifully colored and gorgeous details!

Tracey said...

I love your card Michelle! Henry is the cutest mouse ever. I want all of the stamps too but won't be getting any for a while. Gorgeous work and you have coloured Henry fabulously. xx

Ellibelle said...

This is just adorable. Your coloring looks fantastic and the paper is sooo pretty too.

Denise said...

So sweet! Such an adorable image, love your coloring. I want some hot chocolate w/ marshmellows now!

Candy said...

Michelle, You don't speak nicely of your Copic work and it is wonderful!!! LOVE your card. Henry IS the cutest mouse ever. Love the design of your card and those little marshmallows just wouldn't have been perfect without the touch of Crystal Lacquer!
Hugs, Candy

Cris Z. said...

This looks like me at Starbucks enjoying one of their Caramel Brulle Latte's! LOL!! Great card Michelle.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...