Sunday, August 1, 2010

Turkeys & a cat

No cards yet.....still not organized enough (although I did stamp an image....does that count??)....but I wanted to share with you some visitors we've had in our yard every day for the past few weeks.....





Yep, a whole herd of turkeys!! There are 3 grown ups & a couple of different broods of little ones. There are some that are still quite wee......& some that are a bit bigger but are definitely still babies. They come traipsing through our yard, following the same path, every single day. They stop at the bird feeder to see if there's anything good to eat.....then continue through our back yard.....through our garden....& into the neighbor's yard. It's quite a sight!




This little guy was on the run so it was hard to get a picture that wasn't blurry!! Reminds me of trying to take pictures of my boys when they were toddlers.....I have a lot of unfocused pictures of them because they couldn't sit still long enough...lol..

Thanks again for all the messages concerning my mom. She's hanging in there....& she thinks her vision might be improving a bit. In fact, she drove to the grocery store by herself the other day, so either her vision is getting better or she's just getting so stir crazy she doesn't care if she weaves a bit! Her consult is on the 9th at Froedtert in Milwaukee. I believe the procedure she is having done is called Endovascular Coiling. They basically insert a catheter into her femoral artery, go through the vascular system, into the head & then they insert coils into the aneurysm. The good news is it's supposedly a day surgery. Well that's good news for HER, because she hates hospitals. I would feel much more comfortable if they at least kept her overnight. I have no idea what kind of rehab she will need & for how long.....she will find this all out at her consult.

And of course, with all this going on, needless to say it is very hard to concentrate on my job. I really thought this was my forever job....I was so excited about it when I interviewed. And don't get me wrong....I am very grateful for it & I'm not going to do anything stupid. I got my first pay check Friday & was overjoyed!! But.....I do have to say that if one of the other 2,000 companies I sent my resume to called me tomorrow & offered me a part time position....I don't think I would say no. Working full time when your husband works second shift is a challenge. Heck, working full time ANY time is a challenge!! I know it's only going to get harder when school starts. So....I am taking each day as it comes....trying to learn as much as I can....doing the best that I can.....& being thankful I finally have a job. But who knows what tomorrow will bring (isn't that a Fleetwood Mac song???)

I leave you with a photo of our cat Elwood.....he loves to sit on the back cushion of our couch....which needless to say is sooooo flat it could be the seat cushion




Yes, I did say that is the *back* cushion he is sitting on, lol....






Hey....when ya gotta itch......


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...