Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Old Buzzard

I knew I'd eventually be back to creating. The first one after a "break" is always a tough one but I did it. And I did use an older High Hopes stamp. It was hard to choose, but I kind of have a soft spot for this buzzard :)



This is Birthday Buzzard, the cutest buzzard around. The sentiment is also from High Hopes, it probably should have gone on the inside but I needed to fill that spot, lol. The image is colored in pencils --- I splurged & bought a few new ones from Dick Blick. I've always used Prismacolor but wanted to try some others, so I bought a few Caran D'Ache, Derwent Colorsoft, Faber Castell Polychromos, & Dick Blick's own brand. Not sure which I like best --may have to buy a few more to be sure :)

Anyway, the papers are K&Co Wild Raspberry & I used the layout from this week's Sketch Saturday blog. I added some Stickles here & there & used Liquid Glaze on the balloons.




Hopefully you can see the blinged up flowers & the shiny balloons :)





Thanks so much for stopping by & having faith that I would someday post a card again!

2 comments:

Niki Estes said...

Michelle, it is just adorable!

Anita said...

Very cute card. Your coloring is fabulous and that image is just too cute!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...