Sunday, June 12, 2011

S'More muffins!

I apologize, peeps -- busy busy busy & I have been a blog neglecter! The last week of school was really busy, but now baseball is in full swing & I just finally finished planting my flowers today & there is just not enough time for everything! That's my motto -- NOT ENOUGH TIME!

So today I have a yummy recipe -- I bought one of those JUMBO muffin tins & the first recipe I tried was one for S'More muffins -- what a great summer treat!



Warning -- these are just as messy as real S'Mores!! LOL


S'MORE JUMBO MUFFINS

1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1-1/2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1-1/4 cup mini marshmallows, divided

In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine egg, buttermilk & oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips & 1 cup marshmallows. Fill greased JUMBO muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle with remaining marshmallows. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.


Ok well I had a teensy more batter so I just shoved it into the 6 cups --- resulting in even JUMBO-ER muffins. You can't really get how big they are from the pic, but they are big & they are GOOD. Well, OF COURSE I had to taste one -- can't give my kids something that may not be good :)


So summer vacation officially starts tomorrow. My son is officially a middle schooler. Yikes, not sure I am ready for that. Middle school is a WHOLE different world. He will need to catch the bus at 6:45 which is just rude. Ahhhh....thank goodness for a couple of months of relaxing summer to get us ready for that crazy schedule! Even though *I* no longer get a summer vacation ***sniffle***


As you can see Elwood is *thrilled* to have the boys home all day -- Matthew left a shirt or something on the floor of his room & Elwood promptly went over & parked his orange furry behind on it :)



Ahhhhh......summer......

3 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Don't know what a S'More is hun, but those muffins look delicious - hand 'em over, now! Awwwwwh, Elwood, you cutie - have a tum tum tickle from Auntie Squirrel .... xx

Stressed Stamper said...

Sat at work - starving - they look fab
Sarah

Ann said...

These muffins look great. I just bought a jumbo muffin pan too. Your right, they are big. I will have to try this recipe, never heard of it. It has been so hot here that I am trying not to turn on the oven. I have had to get up that early with my son for school, to catch the bus, and your right, it's rude! Ha! Hope your having a great week. Hugs

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...