Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Itty Bitty card


Happy Wednesday! Halfway through the week already, time sure does fly!! I can't believe our vacation is in less than 3 months!



So did you think I made a teeny tiny card? lol -nope. I made a regular size card using Pink Cat Studio's Itty Bitty Betty -






Isn't she way too cute?? She's Betty Bug -- I just LOVE the Itty Bitties, I think I have *almost* all of them. I will tell you a secret -- just between us -- it took 4 tries to get this colored right! I won't go into the details but I think I finally got it right. The image is stamped on Cryogen Shimmery White & colored with Prismas & Goo Gone. Lots of Stickles for some glittery goodness. Papers are Basic Grey Nook & Pantry --  using up those older packs -- sentiment is Amuse -- I used the sketch from this week Sketch Saturday -- & VOILA -- a cheerful, springy card :)





I don't think you can see the shimmer of the paper but I think you can see the Stickles -- looks kinda like I spilled the whole jar, doesn't it? LOL I do love my bling :)

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Sketch Saturday -- sketch
Make It Monday -- anything goes
Paper Sundaes -- anything goes




**GAH** I just realized as I was posting this on SCS that I forgot to do my usual shading around the background of the image. I tell you, I'm really slipping. The other day it was the flower on the baby dragon's head, & today it's the background. **shaking head**


We had a GREAT time at Jelly Belly on Friday. I left work early & we spent about 2 hours there -- & $26! We were going to stop at the outlet mall near there afterwards -- but -- well that's a funny story that I will tell you when I post the pictures in the next day or two. Here's a preview of what we spied in the Jelly Belly store --




YUMMO! We were wondering if the toothpaste flavor was so popular that they couldn't keep up with the demand? I'll tell you more about the *interesting* flavors we were able to sample !

9 comments:

NancyD said...

Very cute image and wonderful coloring! Saw your card on MIM. It's a treat! NancyD

Squirrel x said...

It was definitely worth the perseverance hun, she is the cutest little bug ever! So gorgeous, and she really made me smile. Skunk Spray????? Hugs Sxx

Steph said...

What a cute card, Michelle! Sweet image and lovely colours you've used and I love the little butterflies and flowers! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, hope to see you again soon! x

amanda stokes said...

Hi Michelle,
Saw your card on MIM and just had to pop by and say how gorgeous it is!Love the sweet image and fab papers and embellies :) x

Andria said...

Awww What an adroable image I've not seen it before, will have to add it to my wish list. Love the colours to they work so well together it's a gorgeous card. Found you on MIM :).

Shirley-Anne said...

Fab colouring of cute image even without the sponged/ shaded background.I love all her glitter.
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

ps no sample of unusual flavors thank you ....YUK !!

Isabelle Linnér said...

What a wonderful beautiful card. I like the colors and the stamp is so funny, makes you happy.
Hugs

febe said...

Great work on the embellishments and the color combo. Awesome!

pool designs Perth

Cheryl said...

Pretty card! I love the colors and papers you used.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...