Saturday, May 18, 2013

I am on a roll!


Hello all, & happy WEEKEND! It was a beautiful day today - I had no idea it was supposed to be in the 80's - but it was sunny & not rainy & perfect! This spring has been CRAZY here in Wisconsin. Just last week I had my electric blanket on. And the heat. Good grief! 

Are you wondering about the title of this post? I am on a roll because I made ANOTHER card! That's the third card this year! LOL. (Never mind that I used to make 3 cards in a week!) I sold some Magnolia stamps recently, & as I was going through them all to decide what to sell & what to keep, this cutie popped out at me. I love this one - it has to be one of my favorites. Don't know why, I'm not really into fishing anymore - but I used to go all the time with my hubby. Ah yes, nothing like getting up at 4 a.m. - putting worms on a hook - sitting in a boat for hours on end - having to KEEP QUIET so I don't scare the fish away LOL - then smelling like fish the rest of the day. Good times :)

Anyway, on to my card:




I also sold some papers recently - but I will never part with my Basic Grey pads - especially the older ones. This is Boxer & it is pretty much gone, except for some scraps :(





I feel like I've lost the ability to color. I thought it was like riding a bike - but as I peek at some blogs, I see there have been some new discoveries in the realm of coloring. Mine's a bit blah - but I still like the card overall. 





This was a dollar stamp from Michael's, from about 5 years ago. Back when they made the square wooden ones. Love this stamp, definitely one of my most used sentiments. 

I really go back & forth with the whole stamping thing. Some days I look at my stuff & I just want to get rid of the whole lot. But, then when I sit & actually start to go through stuff -- like the Magnolias -- I find it really hard to part with some of it. Some days I think, what's the point? I'll make a card & it will sit, collecting dust. But, then I think at one time in my life it was very therapeutic & if I didn't spend at least a few minutes a day doing *something* card-related, I thought I would lose my mind. I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff, which has really helped. I think I was overwhelmed with all my choices before. If I pare it down to the bare minimum, I don't have to make so many decisions. Decisions are stressful, you know :)

I will leave you with a couple of pictures I took on this fine summer day - Saturday is my day to walk around the yard & catch up on what I missed all week while I was at work!










Enjoy the rest of your weekend! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...