Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Labor Day!

I hope you all had a fantastic Labor Day weekend! The roar of the Harleys is finally starting to dwindle.... I think I'll miss that sound! What a party this weekend - I truly hope everyone who was here has nothing but good tales to tell about Milwaukee!

So ... as I was scrounging through my craft area, trying to get more goodies ready to sell ....I came across my SU Halloween Hedgies set. Oh, how I love the hedgies! Always have, always will. I always wished they had made more sets with those cuties. Anyway, I was thinking about how much I LOVED making Halloween & fall cards.. even more than Christmas. So ... I sat down ... & before I knew it, I had made a card!



Not too shabby ....except ......



Here's the reason why card making & I were never a good fit. I. Am. ANAL. I know, most paper crafters ARE a bit Type A. But - I panic when even the smallest detail has gone wrong. And that happened with this card. I'm just going to leave it at that. 



I had actually made this pumpkin out of punches about 3 years ago for a project & never ended up using it. It sat gathering dust. In fact, look up at the base of the stem, you can see the dust!! And no, that's not the part I'm having a fit about LOL



I still have a huge stash of charms - & this pumpkin worked perfectly. I can't wait until fall, & all things pumpkin! I can't wait to make pumpkin pie & pumpkin bars & pumpkin cookies. I actually hate pumpkin ... but I love baking with it :)

Tomorrow is the first day of school - Matthew starts High School & Michael is in 5th grade. Back to the grind. Back to homework every night. Back to getting up at 5 -stinkin' -o'clock. Sigh .... 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...