Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mitchell Park Domes {Milwaukee}

I was lucky enough to chaperone my son's field trip last week to the Mitchell Park Domes. I love the domes, but I don't get there often. Pretty much, when I chaperone field trips, lol. If it weren't for field trips I'd never get to go anywhere fun! 



It's been a crazy spring here in Wisconsin, & this day was no different. When Michael & I left the house at 8:00, it was about 60 degrees. 10 minutes later when we got out of the car at school, it was about 80 & humid. That does not make for a fun school bus ride into Milwaukee. But it could have been worse. It could have been snowing! 

So if you've never heard of the domes, there are 3 of them - Tropical, Desert, & the Show Dome which is seasonal. We visited the Show Dome first. Don't worry, I won't share all my pictures LOL.






We went to the Tropical Dome next. Why not, my hair was already trashed from the humidity LOL.

Actually, I think this was my favorite. I liked the beautiful spring flowers in the Show Dome, but the Tropical Dome had things I'd never seen before. And I'm not talking about the dinosaurs. 






Last but not least, the Desert Dome. I was a little afraid to enter, thinking I wasn't going to be able to breathe, but the temperature was actually quite cool. 






I had such a great day visiting a great place with a great bunch of 5th graders. If you are in the Milwaukee area, check out the Mitchell Park Domes. Definitely a fun day for all ages! 

1 comments:

Amy said...

Wow what a cool place! Your photography is going through the roof Michelle!

Amy
Stampin’ Stuff Blog

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...