Friday, January 2, 2015

Certain songs can amp up your workout?

So I mentioned in my last post that this is the year I will start working out on a regular basis. I'm not talking a walk around the neighborhood here & there .... which has basically been my routine till now. I'm talking either joining a gym .... or buying a treadmill or elliptical. I've been doing lots of research about different types of exercise .... weight training (because I have old lady arms) .... running vs walking .... cute workout clothes (ya gotta look good to feel good!) .... & I came across this interesting article. It basically says that while listening to music can intensify a workout, there is scientific evidence these 5 songs are the best to listen to while working out, to maximize the benefits: 

"Eye of the Tiger" (Survivor) 109 BPM

"Don't Stop Me Now" (Queen) 154 BPM

"Beat It" (Michael Jackson) ... one of my all time favorite songs ....needless to say it's already on my playlist! 139 BPM

"I Like to Move It" (Reel 2 Real) ... if I'm going to listen to this I'll also have to watch Madagascar in my head. 123 BPM

"Push It" (Salt N Pepa) ... one of my favorite club songs back in the day. 130 BPM



Not only that, but they included a link to this website, which will calculate the BPM of any song! 

I checked a couple in my play list ..... 

"You're the One That I Want" (Grease) 106 BPM

"Enter Sandman" (Metallica) 139 BPM

"Back in Black" (AC/DC) many version listed, with BPM ranging from 96 up to 193


"So What" (Pink) 79 BPM

I know, my play list is very eclectic! 

Anyway, I found this all very interesting & I can go to bed tonight knowing I learned something new today :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...