Monday, March 23, 2015

My son, the rock god

A total "braggy mom" post....

If you're friends with me on Facebook, you already saw this so just move along to the next blog :)

If you're not, I have to share this video with you. My son has been playing guitar for about 2 1/2 years. Every year his teacher holds a Student Concert. The kids get to pick a song & he provides the backing track .... & they get to perform on a Saturday night in a bar, in front of all their friends & family. His teacher is also in a band, so this concert always takes place before one of the band's gigs. It's a bonus, because the stage is all set up ... it just adds to the fun. 

This year, Matthew performed "Wherever I May Roam" by Metallica, one of my personal favorites (& that's a good thing, since he practiced about 1284 times!). Here's the video I took:







He also just formed a band with his friends. They've only had one practice so far, but I can't wait to see where this musical journey takes him :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...