Tuesday, June 30, 2015

My attempts at fitness

I have never been a runner. I could walk forEVER .... but running just wasn't my thing. Shin splints ..... cramps .... & the fact that I really don't sweat so my face turns purple .... all the things I have to look forward to if I try to run.


In January I joined a gym. However, I was sick 3 times in 2 months, which means I kept having to start over. I've gained 5 pounds since that day I joined. And do NOT tell me it's muscle. This body has nooo muscle.


What do I do at the gym?? Everything. Except the evilliptical. And I haven't tried any of the classes yet, but I will. I walk or run on the treadmill, I bike, I spend about 1/2 hour on the weight machines. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong. Or, maybe I'm just defective. 

I'm not overweight. I'm the one that perpetually needs to lose 10 pounds. Well, now it's 15 because of the 5 the gym made me put on. I just want to be healthy.



When I joined the gym, I bought a Fitbit. I've been trying for the last 1/2 hour to get a screen shot of my dashboard from my phone onto my computer, to no avail. I'm getting irritated. Does irritation burn calories?

Anyway .... between the Fitbit & the gym, & now summer & all the yard work I've been doing, I figure I should be a size -4. Unfortunately I'm still in the positives. Double digits. Ouch. 

So..... this post is about nothing more than my frustration with my journey. I thought I'd lose those 10 pounds and get fit & healthy in the process. Instead, I've gained weight, & still can't run more than 1/2 mile. 

What do you do for your health?? Do you belong to a gym? If so, do you like to mix it up, or do you stick to one or two things?? Classes?? Or, are you one of those who eats 80,943 calories a day & doesn't work out, & is a size 2? If so, please don't comment, just move along to the next blog.

Linking up with:

Wordless Wednesday

Wake up Wednesday

1 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

I can so relate! A constant battle here-even though I know the secret for me is a little walking and portion control! If only it would warm up, or cool down or quit raining, or something....LOL

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...