Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fourth of July fun

To say that I had THE most fun this weekend that I've had in a long time is an understatement. We had something going on every day except today, thankfully. I needed today to recuperate. I'm almost happy to go to work tomorrow to get some rest! 

I will do a separate post for each day .... because you know .... I'm a little wordy AND I like to share pictures :)

So we'll start with Wednesday. After hubby & I got home from work, we drove downtown & attended a little music festival in Milwaukee called Summerfest. Perhaps you've heard of it?? OK, it's actually the world's largest music festival. 11 days .... 11 stages ... big names, smaller names & in between names. I used to go every year, a few times each year, when I was a young whippersnapper. Then we had kids, & we just didn't go anymore. I do have to say, it's probably not a place I'd take small children. People do, and they do have a kids area. But, the amount of beer & um.... other things (I'm pretty sure I got high just walking through the crowd) make it not so G rated.

But my 16 year old really wanted to go see Halestorm, so we went. He met some friends there, & my hubby & I just hung back & enjoyed the concert as well. Again, not exactly G rated, but since he listens to them all the time nothing was really too surprising.

Here are a few pictures from our day (all taken with my phone so not the best, but you'll get the idea):




We had perfect weather -- 63 degrees & sunny. 




My son was extremely disgruntled when I asked him to stand in front of the fountain for a picture. I reminded him of how much these tickets cost, the painful drive downtown (construction, construction construction) & the very late night that would be had by all of us. Look, I got a picture :)





Sitting on the lakefront. That's the main stage pavilion behind him. I believe Kendrick Lamar was the big act that night. Um, no thanks.



This was our stage for the night .... the Harley stage! Can you see the cycles on the stage? 




Harley-Davidson is one of our biggest accounts at work so I had to take this picture (that's my hubby).



We spent so much on this day, why not spend a little more & get some t-shirts .... we HAD to, right? 




I wish I could have gotten a better picture of Halestorm. We really weren't that far from the stage, but we were way to the side so it was hard to get a good picture. They really were awesome & boy, do they draw a crowd! I think there were more people here for this concert than the main stage! 

We ended up getting home around 1:00 am. The first of a few late nights..... which I have discovered I am way too old for! 

Have you ever been to Summerfest?? If so, who did you see? 

Next up ... a 50th birthday party in Madison. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...