Monday, February 1, 2016

Whipper Winter Wishes

Say that 3 times fast! 

I hope you all had a great weekend. I actually spent the weekend catching up on laundry & cleaning ... so not fun, but I was sick the week before so it had to be done & apparently my fairies are on strike. 

I did, however, get to finish a card on that I had started before I got sick. Look at me go! How many cards is that this year now?? Two? I think that's more than I made all last year haha




It has been a looooong time since I've been to Creative Pals here in town. The store I affectionately call "the Whipper Snapper store" .... because  ..... well duh. Same person owns both :)  I used to go there so much I became friends with the person who creates ALL the samples in the store. She was using Copics before anybody else had heard of them. We became great friends. Heck, I was there practically every week.



She was there the night I was there. It took her a while to recognize me. She finally did remember that I used to visit the store a lot. Then, as she was getting ready to ring up my stuff, she stopped keying & said ..... get this ....

"I'm sorry, I don't remember your name." 

What?!?!?

Sigh .... I guess that's what 4 or 5 years will do. 


 I explained that I was forced to take a break. You know ... like Ross & Rachel. On a break, but not quite completely on a break. I told her I snuck a few in here & there. 


But now my kids are older & I've been really missing it. I've missed all the adorable stamps out there. I wasn't sure what to expect when I walked into Creative Pals. Were there still wood mounted stamps?? Was everything going to be acrylic? Just rubber? 




Happy to report there is still some wood, although they are phasing it out. No matter, the stamps are cute no matter how they are packaged. I picked up one or maybe four new stamps. Oops. Well, I have lots of time to make up for, no? 



I even used my Copics. I can't believe they haven't dried up! The sentiment is one of my favorites & it came from one of those little clear sets Michael's used to carry for $1. Basic Grey papers (soooo sad they won't be making paper anymore, guess I missed that boat) & lots of snowflakes & glitter. Simple card, but I like how sparkle-y it turned out. 

Thanks for bearing with me while I try to get my groove back!! 

Have a great week! 

1 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Wow, loving No 2 card a lot hunny! And I am so pleased that you are shopping again - that bodes well ;} xx

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...