Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pudding Cookies

Hello all, happy Heat Wave!! Seriously, if I wanted triple digits I'd move to Arizona!


So we did nothing for the 4th yesterday. It was TOO. HOT. We sat inside & played games, I did a bit of laundry, & I made a batch of cookies with Michael. What? You don't like baking when it's 105 degrees outside? Yeah, well -- as I may have mentioned Michael is entering "baked goods" into the County Fair for 4H, & since we get back late the night before he is judged, we are baking ahead of time & freezing. 





I also know me, & I know I will never remember to post this recipe unless I do it now. Yes, I should probably be packing & getting ready for our trip. But -- cookies are a priority :)


Pudding Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 small pkg chocolate instant pudding
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 pkg (6 squares) white chocolate (I didn't have squares so I used     white chocolate chips)


Heat over to 350 degrees. Beat butter & sugar in large bowl until light & fluffy. Add dry pudding mix; beat until well blended. Add eggs & baking soda; mix well. Gradually beat in flour until well blended. Stir in chocolate. Drop tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 min on baking sheets; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.



                                                                 *****************


So super easy it's a great cookie for the kids to make. My son LOVED the smell while making them .... SO chocolatey. They are really yummy & I'm optimistic that he will receive a blue ribbon for them :)


So Sunday is D-Day (Disney Day!) -- I'm super excited, yet a bit anxious. I have a ton to do, plus I'm not looking forward to the flying part. I keep telling myself 3 hours in the air is way better than 20 hours in the car -- but I really don't like flying. I will be brave, since my kids will be with me & it probably wouldn't be good if I started to cry like I did the *first* time I flew!

3 comments:

Stressed Stamper said...

I could so eat one of those now...and sorry I do not feel sorry for you with the weather..It is raining so much in England(Yorkshire) that I now have webbed feet!
Enjoy Disney - did it when I was 18 and totally loved it even then...many many moons ago
make sure you take a fat pencil for autographs from the characters as they cannot hold a slim pencil with all their costumes on.
Sarah

Jocelyn said...

Pudding cookies are very fun to make with kids...I hope he does well in the fair:-)

Cheryl said...

These look yummy! I am printing this recipe out!

Can you believe how hot and dry it is?? I hope we get some rain soon.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...