Thursday, January 10, 2013

Graham cracker pralines

And so a new year begins!


My resolutions this year ~ to improve our financial situation & to get ORGANIZED. I spent last weekend cleaning carpets & organizing the chaos that is our house. 3 big boxes are ready to go to Goodwill ~ & that is just the beginning! 

I came across these photos as I was going through my Christmas photos (the organizing resolution applies to my photos as well! I'm a bit behind on ordering prints, & getting the pictures I do have into albums. This is why I'm not a scrapbooker!)






In case it's not quite clear what my kids are doing, let me help you out. They are roasting mini marshmallows over a candle. I am a proud mom :)







I power baked the weekend before Christmas. I was a bit worried, starting so late, but I got quite a few cookies made. I found a great new recipe that was a total hit & SUPER EASY, so I thought I'd share.

GRAHAM CRACKER PRALINES

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup chopped pecans
graham crackers

Preheat over to 350. Line the bottom of a cookie sheet that has sides with graham crackers. You might need to cut a few to make them fit. (I used a medium pan - the size that isn't quite the jelly roll pan). Melt the butter in a small pan, & add the brown sugar & pecans. Bring to a boil, then boil for 2 minutes. Pour the mixture over the graham crackers, spreading evenly with a knife. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven & allow them to sit for a few minutes before cutting them into squares. Cool completely before removing from cookie sheet.


Seriously, I brought some to work & had 3 people ask me for the recipe. They couldn't believe they were so easy. So .... you're welcome :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I was wondering if these set up or if they stay sticky? I'm looking for treats I can bag up and give for the holidays but don't want them sticking to eachother! Thanks!

Unknown said...

This may be too late but I wanted tomletnyou know I just made these and they're not sticky at all. The bottoms were a little greasy from te butter at first but as they cool the graham crackers soak it up it would package well!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...