Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Carrot Cake

I hope you all had a fabulous Easter!! We sure did -- any excuse to get together & eat!!  


As usual, I brought dessert. This time it was Carrot Cake. I'd never made a Carrot Cake before - but found a great recipe stuffed in my recipe box. Of course, I didn't know it was great until I made it & everyone ooh'd & aah'd - whew! Got lucky :)




I am not a fan of Carrot Cake AT ALL. No veggies in my dessert, thankyouverymuch! But - the other 8 people did love it, so I'm sharing with you. Because I appear to be in the minority - Carrot Cake is GOOD & I have no idea what I'm talking about. 

CARROT CAKE

3 cups shredded carrots
1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, well-drained
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon

FROSTING

1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 3/4 cups confectioners sugar

In a large bowl, beat the first 5 ingredients until well blended. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda & cinnamon; gradually beat into carrot mixture. Transfer mixture to a greased 9"x13" baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. 

For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter & vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Cover & refrigerate leftovers.


Super easy! I have no idea where I got this recipe from - I know it was pre-Pinterest so it wasn't there (where I get most of my recipes from these days). But I'm glad I did save it - this one's a keeper! 


I sure hope it's warm where you are -- here in SE Wisconsin, we are very patiently waiting for spring. It's coming .... soon ..... right around the corner .....




Enjoy the rest of your week!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

That sounds so yummy! I am going to make it! I love carrot cake. It is good for your eyes LOL

Cris Z. said...

Saw my Doctor yesterday and she said I should have more vegetables. Might have to try this one!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...