Sunday, June 23, 2013

Steamy Sunday


It was HOT today - first really hot day we've had this year. Can you tell how steamy it is? 



And that was at 9:00 this morning, before it even got *really* hot!




So you are not going to believe this, but I made another card! That's TWO since January! Woohooooo I'm on a roll! 

I was going through my beloved High Hopes stamps & found Swinging Shannon. Since it IS officially summer I thought it was perfect!




Not only is my coloring a bit rusty, but I also found out my scissor skills aren't quite what they used to be. I mean, I've always hated cutting - but it was like I forgot how to work the little knife thing!

I had ordered a whole bunch of SU paper last year, & they are all still sitting in the box. I needed a really really dark brown & nothing I had in my drawer even came close - until I looked through the box. I was just going to sell it all, since it was all unopened. But wait -- what's this gorgeous dark brown called "Early Espresso"? It's perfect! So ... I guess I won't be selling that pack, since I clearly HAD to open it! It went with the  Basic Grey Porcelain perfectly!




And it just so happens the High Hopes' blog theme this month is SUMMER! I think this qualifies :)

I'm linking up to Everything Etsy's Crafty Girl linky party HERE. Go check out the fun - there's a giveaway involved :)







Hope you have a super week!
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very pretty, very nice colour combo. TFS with us at High Hopes!

Squirrel x said...

I know just how that squirrel feels hun, lol, brilliant photo!

Loving your card, she is one of my fave HH stamps and I have used her lots, but never has she looked this good. You've still got it hun!! Hugs Sxx

Stressed Stamper said...

Fab pic - and OMG you HAD to be the first to tell - I have done it...about 30 seconds ago just bought the canon sx40 hs...OMG OMG soooo excited..You do know though that I will be asking questions left right and centre from you - hope that it ok...coming on Wed before 1pm...so not working late that day.Oh I can't wait - thanks hun for pushing me in the right direction - told you I would get one....just a matter of catching hubby at the right time - and today was the day!!
Hugs
Sarah xx

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...