Friday, January 10, 2014

A card and a good-bye


I'm sure you were all waiting with bated breath to see this card that I told you I had made a few weeks ago for a very special someone. So here it is ..... don't everyone bombard me with your gratitude all at once :)




I had found this stamp at Michael's just after Thanksgiving & even though I'm supposed to be selling all my stuff - not buying - I knew I had to have it even if I only made this one card with it. 

As you can see my "photographing red" skills have not improved in the least.




I colored the image with pencils & used lots of that furry glitter stuff & the snow stuff - lots of texture on this baby!




I wanted to keep the rest of the card simple & focus more on the way-too-cute image. 




I found the sentiment that I used inside the card in an old winter SU set - something with snowmen. LOL can you tell I'm too lazy tonight to actually go all the way downstairs & look up the proper names of everything? Anyway, this sentiment was 200% perfect for the card's recipient. 


I made this card for my grandma, along with some Christmas cookies, a couple of weeks before Christmas. I'm so glad I did ~ she was so thrilled & was showing everyone my card & insisting they have a cookie. My grandma, who has been there for me my whole life, who taught me so much (including how to bake cookies) & was truly my best friend, passed away Monday morning after being diagnosed with lung cancer just before Thanksgiving. She was 94 (and a half, she would proudly say) years old. My kids & I are completely devastated & are deep in mourning. The anniversary of my dad's death is in just a few days, so that makes this even harder. In her honor, please call someone dear to you & tell them how much they mean to you. Make someone a card, just because. Hug your kids a little tighter tonight. 

~ rest in peace, Grandma ~ I will always love you ~

4 comments:

Tammi said...

Aw Michelle hugs to you! I lost my sweet grandma last year, not easy, but I'm so thankful I was close to mine and have lots of wonderful memories of her and sounds like you do too. An adorable card you made for her. (hugs)

Linda Palmer said...

So so Sorry! You and your boys are in my prayers.

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

I'm so very sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing Michelle - my heart goes out to you and your family.

So special that you could make this beautiful card for your grandmother Michelle.

{{hugs}}
Jocelyn x

Stressed Stamper said...

Aaaaaah Michelle...so so sorry its never a good time to loose someone...sending you a hug...beautiful card xx Sarah

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...